Friday, October 14, 2016

It's Done

It's done. Well,, it's sort of done. All the papers have been filled out everything has be Divided up everyone seems happy with that. We spent the afternoon at Utah Legal Services signing documents. It's amazing how many documents one has to sign to be divorced. The staff was happy as clams. Dianne had done Her Usual magnificent job of documenting and data collection. The staff was astounded at how detailed her information was. Dianne got major kudos this is important to Dianne, positive feedback is most important. The staff was delighted that the divorce is uncontested and relatively amicable. Very rarely does this happen.. There were no major fights, arguments are the usual horrible feelings.. They're just there ending.


Utah Legal Services is a private nonprofit that I have worked with over the years with many of my clients in the area of landlord-tenant issues. I certainly knew them from a distance,, from the outside looking in. In fact their office is right next to Assist Inc.Where I have a meeting every week. It was weird going to Utah Legal Services as a consumer. Of course most of what one has to do takes place upstairs there's no way this place is wheelchair accessible. Of course they does the legal bullet by being hypervigilant and making sure to bring anything it needs to be done down to therefore your downstairs which is just a big wooden bench and a desk. I suppose that works not that I was going to bring about any legal issues I just want to get this thing done now and out of my hair and move on to the next challenge of my life whatever that might be

No comments: