Monday, October 31, 2016

The Great Destroyer

Tonight since the third day here at my new place of residence. The beautiful place actually, much more beautiful than I deserve. Today, the first real day of life here at Plymouth Place I decided to get some business done. I heard that my banking Institution call Mountain America Credit Union it's just around the corner at the community college and in fact it is. That was the first stop this morning when I left Plymouth Place. I was astounded at how good it felt to be back on a college / University campus. I totally vamped off the great  energy of the students I passed on campus and in the Student Union. I am even considering some classes come the first of the year. It only cost $10 a class to audit. Talk about a deal. I had to go to the credit union because I found out first thing this morning that this place does not take plastic! You really have to pay with a check! So I was able to change my address and get established here in Taylorsville. I was also able to get three or four counter checks to hold me by until my checks get here. This is so strange doing this all over again.

On the way back to my apartment I stopped off at the market and got some groceries but I noticed that I needed to get by. This is a little awkward since I had nothing but my lap to carry groceries on. I got quite a few actually: I didn't like lunch meat, eggs, Bread, a roll of quarters for laundry the basics. And of course once I got home I realized a bunch of other stuff that I wanted to get but I forgot which is just as well because I don't know how would have carried anything more than what I did.

My task, really for today, I was to do my wash. I've done wash laundromat wash, of course the past they all just seems weird now but I was up for it. I took the clothes out sort of them then carry them down to the laundry. I must confess this is harder than I thought it was going to be. That's okay I went to work literally. I chose to washers a top loader and a front loader. Dianne gave me a couple of bottles of laundry detergent in small packages that just toss it in the wash. It's all very convenient no carrying big boxes of detergent anymore very civilized. I had to snuggle up right next to the front loader did the closing it was then that I noticed I was destroying everything. I made a big gash on the side of the washing machine and they were similar scratches and dents at the bottom of both machines. Using one of my sticks to open up the dryer I almost tore up the front handle. The handle was still usable when I finished but I could certainly say I have made the difference. I am the great Destroyer my wife / X is right I destroy everything I touch. I felt so aggrieved I even went to the manager and confessed right there on the spot. They just laughed and blew it off I tried to let them know how sorry I was would not have any of it. Perhaps I need to get or pay one of them other folks here to do my clothes. That would be  decadent. So this is a bit of a confession. I did not wash I did it all comma a mess and got back to my room. The front door to my apartment it's getting messed up. I want them this supposed to get devices protect the door but it's almost too late now. Tomorrow, November 1st I'm turning over a new Leaf I really am going to be careful or more careful that I don't destroy any more of the place where I live.

No comments: