Thursday, January 05, 2023

Coffee Thursday



Have to admit sometimes I get a little spooked seeing all the Catastrophic weather events happening across this country and the world. It seems all over this country or whether destroying lives of property of thousands. And we here in the Intermountain West seems to be spared that grief. Yesterday a little unnerved about reports of the other couple of minor earthquakes in the state. Hopefully, the faultlines a letter not just a little steam. But this area is due were major event earthquake wise and when that happens it will cause significant challenges for people here in Utah. I just don't see why we would be saved or spared. At this pointI am certainly not going to argue the problem. Our next storm comes to tonight which should produce more snow in the mountains and a little here on the valley floor. I doubt it will be a good day to go out and try to do anything. Was that mind, is it over to the market this evening to make sure I had cash On hand for my health person tomorrow should you need some assistance to get through the weekend.


Today is Thursday, coffee social and the event was quite well attended today. The representative from management brought a “baby cake” celebrate the Mexican celebration of the Epiphany or something to do with Christmas. You know the case that has a small baby planted somewhere inside and whoever finds said infant is supposed to have good luck the rest of the year. My exposure to such a cake was case that Dianne would purchase celebrate Mardi Gras, which we did every year. Dianne of course from New Orleans is a big deal. I Used to have a Fantasy of grand Mardi Gras but thankfully I've grown out of that particular fantasy. Nowadays, I don't remember when Mardi Gras is except sometime the next couple months. It seemed to me,The cake, king cake was not nearly as good as Mardi Gras King cake. As I said earlier, there is quite a Group of folks there at coffee today. What's interesting is These individuals all new. Sadly, Many of those who used to come every week Stopped participating in the event. I'm not sure exactly why but I kind of miss these folks. The whole organization/complex is indeed going through some changes which should be a promising new year. The Christmas decorations are still up and I suppose will soon be taken down stored until next summer. Already, this past Christmas seems so last year almost hard to remember.


I heard folks at coffee, this morning, already talking about events or trips they are taking the next few weeks or months. They were complaining about the cold weather, the snow and ice and being somewhat marooned in the complex. We were drinking coffee, speaking loudly of having one or 2 portions of King cake and patiently waiting for the 1st warm days of springWhich sadly is a whole season away…


No comments: