Friday, January 06, 2023

Steak Out

 



It's not pretty I'm the 1st to admit it. I don't really like being a carnivore is just who I am. Earlier this week at one of many runs to the marketAcross the street I fell prey to items in the throwaway section in the butcher section of the market. Two mammoth T-bone steaks markdown to almost half-price! Ordinarily I have more the will power to pass on this kind of offer but since I've bled a lot last week (I was there the reader anymore information ) just now that I needed to build my red blood Backup. And I often use this excuse the binge on protein that I would not normally consider. I think this will Monday or Tuesday all I know is that steaks of it in the refrigerator sense. So Friday night with no greater prospects I decided to build me a 3 course dinner. I have 3 roasters potatoes, the 2 steaks and Spinach. I really do like spinach and I have no qualms a spinach in the can,hell if it's good enough for Popeye's it's good enough for me. Cooking this much protein is a bit of a production one that I would just assume I've done for another individual but I'm worth the effort and I need the iron – – it's all good.


The kitchen is in relatively good condition I kind of hate to mess it up with a cookaramma but it's Friday night so why not? I retrieved the larger of the 2 cooking/frying pans I got for Christmas for my son. These are great cooking tools. I fixed the meat from the refrigerator and realize that the T-bones were so large I would have to fry them separately. To serve this properly is all the timing. It takes 6 minutes to nuke a normal potato in the microwave. That's okay because once the Tatars done the potato will stay at the significant amount time. I fried the steak on low heat. I seasoned with coarse black pepper, dried onion bits and a garlic salt substance. At the same time I heated up my can of Spinach I officially had a production going. Even at low heat cooking the steak takes very little time. I have a half a bottle of wine which really would've gone well with this dinner. But I was too lazy to pull it out of the refrigerator. I guess I just wanted the blood from the steak replacing what I have lost.


The meal was great even the spinach. And I've been very much more adventurous I would've opened up a can of corn – – whole kernel. But I figured green was enough color for the night. Of course now I have to go back to the kitchen and put the meal away. There's quite a bit of steak left over I figure with the potato (I could easily nuke another) And half of the can of spinachI'm good for another meal at least. Maybe, if I got creative and even eat part of the steak with eggs for breakfast. Either way I got options And what more does one want for Friday night…

No comments: