Sunday, January 22, 2023

Rolling In The Snow

 


It's funny just how doing one thing to make you feel you've accomplished something in the days time when actually you have not. Today my event of action was having breakfast with my son at the little restaurant we go to actually is restaurant is good sized it's a chain restaurant I believe located in Utah.


I didn't necessarily have a hard time sleeping but I could've slept better that's for sure. I slept fairly well till 4 AM once again couldn't get back to sleep really. Finally getting up at 6 AM to make sure that I was dressed and ready for my 8 AM breakfast with my son Mark Anthony. My granddaughter and her boyfriend who usually goes with us at these breakfasts did not make it this week so it was is Mark and I. Of course there was a snowstorm going on as I bundled up and headed out. The snow had not been falling long but the night was cold enough to freeze the brief rain that preceded the storm of snow to the streets and sidewalks. Fortunately traffic is always liked Sunday mornings but add to that snow and I had no trouble crossing the street. I wish I'd taken images of the trail I left in the snow making my way to the restaurant.


I had only one shoe on this morning for a host of reasons and most specifically the power chair that seems to be more and more non-usable everyday. I wasn't able to get my 2nd shoe on this morning mouse trying to get dressed. My right foot curls under in the material of my foot box has come loose and is all bunched up in the foot box which adds to the curl that my foot suffers. At one time during my dressing this morning I had the shoe on but it slipped off what I pushed my foot down to the foot pedal. By this time it was nearly 8:45 AM and I had to get to the restaurant so I just put the shoe in my lap covered by legs and barefoot with my adventures blanket and took off.


This morning snow was not a heavy snow but more than a dusting which is what the weather lady said. The snow not coming down heavy either it was light very powdery probably perfect snow for skiing. I was pretty well covered when I got to the restaurant people chuckled when they saw me. I'm no longer a shock feature since I'm there every Sunday is pretty much the same people that show up every weekend. Sometimes even help me out of my jacket as I struggled a pull thing over my head. The hot coffee was great which is brought to me once I got settled down and into my table. The snow fell pretty heavy for the hour and a half that we were having breakfast in our skies surprised at how much of accumulated on the way home. The snowfall itself had lightened up a bit as the morning had gone by. It was almost a little spooky trying to drive home on the sidewalk because there is no definition for the sidewalk. I couldn't tell where the sides of the sidewalk ended and tried my best just to keep my self-centered on the sidewalk. There is one portion of the trip home were sidewalk falls off abruptly for about 2 to 3 foot drop, right-hand side of the spooky enough when the sidewalks drive alone with half an inch to an inch of snow maybe even more. Made a home without incident and that was a blessing. I settled in for the answered a few text messages which would come in during the morning what's to move your 2 and just kept close to my air heater. Probably one of the good morning to take a nap but I just don't take naps well I watch the movie and nodded off here and there and really quite enjoyed by Sunday

No comments: