Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I Want My NIKON !



I stopped by the Office Depot last night with receipt in hand an gunning for bear but once again they just sent me on my way saying I had to contact NIKON direct and they would wlk me through the process. Office Depot just indicated that problem I was having with my camera is between myself and NIKON! Fine. The last thing the manager did was to shove a copy of Your[Office Depot] Guide to Performance end Protection Plans Protect Your Investment. There is a 800 number on this document which I called and was immediately placed on hold where I remained for the next twenty minutes but eventually someone named Marta came on line. He had a heavy Spanish accent was a nice guy who inf0rmed me that my problem was with NIKON and he would switch me to the NIKON 800 number where I could take the issue up with these folks after which I was thrown into tat deep dark foreboding space between corporations. This led me to another 27 minute in this infinity of telephone space. I wonder if this is similar to jumping between universes in the quantum reality.

Eventually Robert acoustically appeared in my ear fresh from his NIKON universe. I explained my needs to Robert who nicely informed me that my issue was not NIKONs issue until I got my camera to Customer Service.When I had this problem with compUSA thy sent me a box to return the camera with. No so with Nikon. He politely gave me the addresses and instructions I would need and hung up returning to his NIKON universe.

So all afternoon, between meetings and phone calls searching for a box to send the camera away in. it was Marianne who came up with bubble wrap and an envelope to mail the digital in. This should work just fine after all the camera is already broken what else could happen to it? I guess the camera could get lost in the mail but I wonder if it’s worth insuring. It’s always something. I finally got the job done. A letter written describing the problem, copy of the receipt an the who shebang wrapped and ready to go. I’ll drop over to the post office on the way home and try to get the whole ugly event behind me. Robert informed me that to expect the turn round to be two to three weeks, so I am figuring five to six weeks if I ever see he camera again. Robert said they would actually bench the camera and attempt to fi the product and send it all back. Everyone one else just junked the camera and either sent me a new one or a gift certificate for a comparably priced camera.

I guess I had better start cleaning my area since I am going to be off for a week come this Friday. I do know why I think I need to police my space because I am leaving for a week since I doubt I would do anything if I were here. It just seems like the right thing to do


No comments: