Thursday, June 07, 2007

Just a Little Bit of Stress

Our fiscal year ends the end of this month and all requests for funding must, MUST be submitted by the month's end. In the past all the grant requests have been submitted by our fiscal agent and I really did not have a heck of a lot to do with the process. Will, our fiscal analyst split last year just as we got a new executive director. And she feels I need to be in more control of my program and a key part of that is writing the grant request letters. No big deal...unless one have never had to do this before. Remember, the boss just got back from vacation where she was gone for almost two weeks and she wanted to see some good work done on this project when she returned. The boss also said I was to get together with new analyst and the analyst would help me write the letter. Now the new analyst is only there part time as it is but I fully expected her to be in a couple of the days the Executive Director was gone but she was not and she conveniently showed back up ,at the office today and acts like she did not know I needed her input/help, doing the grant requests. I guess one of the reasons I did not freak out was I was absorbed totally by the Road to Freedom Tour. And get this she and the boss are leaving for Washington DC Monday morning till Thursday!! So tomorrow I am going to trap her and make her assist me write the letters. Really who needs this kind of stress?

No comments: