Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Morning Jolts

One of my Monday morning rituals to check my bank accounts, you know just to be sure that everything is OK. This morning when I dialed into my main account I saw I was over drawn by almost 700.00!! I feel the bank lets you know you in big trouble to type this information in huge bold letters in the transaction section.

Last Friday I had my van serviced which cost much more then I had anticipated and I thought I had taken care of the account when I collected my vehicle.

I have two banks and like three accounts ( counting the VISA) account. And I have more then enough to cover the work, if I do the accounts right. And when I went to settle up with the Mechanic Man I was going to take 500.00 out of the credit line, 150 out of another account and the rest out of my debit card which would have to funds I needed. I do not know what happened but near as I can tell the Mechanic Man ran the payment through all on one card!!

Holy Bounced Check!! And of course this bounced check starts the cascade effect. Any check written after the big check will bounce as well. Luckily I only had a few items and they were still pending what ever the hell that means. I took an immediate early lunch and headed to the bank with the problem. It’s nearly noon when I get to the bank and the only people who can help me are the tellers at the Service Windows. Realize this bank is downtown Salt Lake and the noon traffic is just about to start—those folks who went to ‘run” into the back to cash a check for lunch, Make a fast deposit or just pick up a free sucker at the teller window. It took me a while to make the teller understand what I wanted or needed

To do but finally a light flashed behind the glasses and I was able to do a “cash advance” against my credit union account which should satisfy the bank account and stop the “cascade” Then I had to call my mechanic and tell him not to freak if my bank does anything usual with his request for payment for services rendered and then zip back to my office and get on line to my credit union and transfer some funds from my saving account to buck up my VISA. Whew! Busy morning.

I still cannot figure out what happened. I tried so hard to make sure everything came out right and I still messed it up.

I was going go over to Home Depot at lunch and start the process of getting my camera repaired or replaced but bank emergency pulled me from that course. If I have a lot of energy left following work I will drop into the Home Depot round the corner from my house and see if they will start the process.

Currently reading: Ringworld’s Children, Larry Niven

No comments: