Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lost


Don’t Give me anything and the expect me to have the item for you later. I wish I was more responsible but I just have a heck of a time trying to remember where I put things. I was asked about two items today of items which may or may not have passed through my passion the last couple of weeks. The following is the story is about one of those items : Dum Da da dum da.

A couple of weeks the person who works with me in the office got a little media attention and pulled off her interview with the Six o clock News and then carried the cassette round the office like gold bullion for days and asking how she could, isolate the interview an send it to her father for Father’s Day. I think I suggested that we could transfer the interview to a DVD or at least a CD Rom. I remember quasi promised to work on the project but have got round the project I never received the media. At least I do not remember ever seeing the blue cassette ( which then 5 second bit was recorded on). I mean I very well could have taken the cassette but I honestly have not recollection of having received the document. If I had dumped the tape in my backpack I know I would have remembered pulling the tape out and I do not. I have torn my office apart looking for the tape. I even had Marianne, the executive secretary, unlock the Bosses office—who is in Washington DC. I did not see the tape either. I spent a good part of the afternoon looking through our recently catalogued film library, in my old office in the back of the building even behind the computers and nothing. I ended up grousing about the missing document with Marianne and she said something like, “ seems I remember that she asked for the film and she was going to take tape home to show her sister. I don’t remember her bringing the tape back.

The more I think about the secretaries statement the more I have a memory which seems to fit the statement—but maybe this is what I want to remember because this would exonerate me and take the heat off. A five second film bite, really it’s nothing and chances are she will get chances to make other ‘five second sound bite’. That’s me thinking, I really don’t care. I have done all that stuff before. Where my office mate has not. She feels this is her moment in the sun her “five minutes”. She is developmentally disabled and tends to seize onto idea and not let the idea go. Hopefully, my partner will go home and search her apartment and find the lost tape and hopefully put this search to rest. I’ll look through my computer room one more time but I am sure the tape is not there. We will work this out one way or the other and life will go on. I just get so tired of having these issues always land in my lap. Maybe tomorrow will be a calmer day.








No comments: