Saturday, June 30, 2007

Vacation




I am getting so far behind that my self image in beginning to wane. I have the condo access project I started three week ago. I have the minutes to the May Board meeting I still have to compose an get out before the next board meeting and then Claire, my boss, thinks it would be a good idea to take the images taken at the Road to Freedom Tour, write a narrative and then place these on the
Access Utah Network website. Claire suggested I use Power Point but I don’t have Power Point here at home and I’ll be out of the office now for an entire week as I do the Family Reunion.

I have been putting these projects off and I am feeling like a real “scuzz” not getting the projects. So in the few days I have before I leave for Boise I will try to get a few of these items of my project board. First, the Freedom Tour: Claire suggested again I use Power Point but was Claire really saying use some kind of image software and then have the boys at IT load it onto the Access Utah Network website? If getting the project completed I can use some of the different software packages I have access to here at the house and get the project completed and out of my hair.

I have been dragging my feet with the Condo project I do not know why. I think It is because it is a “freebee”, something I got sucked into. If I had come straight home and done the write-up the project would have been simple enough but now I have let weeks go by I don’t know if can remember everything I need to do the project right. I have the images I needs and just write the narrative as I remember what I can remember and submit it to the condo association and see what they do. Really, it’s free what do they expect? I feel I am going to have to do a lot more work on the project then a narrative and a few images. My biggest motivator I just do not want to end up looking like a shmuck. In days gone by I would have just whipped the thing out.

I am offically on vacation. As I said earlier in this post I am off for a week plus the weekend, nine days. That’s a long time to be away from my desk and phones. Plus, yesterday I got talked into am meeting with the boss regarding one of the staff who seems to be making life difficult for the rest of the staff and some of the consumer we serve. The staff member is the newest on the staff and has a host of challenges she must deal with each day. In fact has been fairly civil to me. But hey, I’m adorable, what can I say? So I do not really have any complaints but I do hear how she interfaces with the rest of the staff and she can be difficult and I don’t think she needs to be as difficult as she is. The boss is going to pull together an intervention maybe bring someone in from State( someone who deals in this kind of office problems.). I predict the event is not going to be pretty and could make an awfully stress full Summer and beyond. But for now I have eight and half more days of hanging out and enjoying my days.

No comments: