Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday's Remorse

Today is is one of those days I should have stayed at home. I have no business being at work. My work ethic is gone, in my brain I have already started my weekend. I know this thought process is inexcusable but I am just being honest. I stayed up too late last evening watching Grey’s Anatomy reruns. We had retuned home from having dinner with Brooks, Bridget, Gabriel and Auni to celebrate one of Brooks’ last night in Utah. Brooks is scheduled to leave on this coming Monday. Mark and Jasmine popped by to try to mow the back yard that did not happen though due to equipment malfunction. But I went out into the backyard to hang with them as they attempted to mow. The lawn mower lost a stabilizer arm though and we shut the operation down till the lawnmower can be repaired. The darkness had crept in by that time on the longest day of the year. Mark and jasmine left and I returned to watch the last of the Anatomy night. I finally tumbled I to bed about 10:55 P.M. way to late for a work night for me, even if it’s a non boss Friday.

The Council has a two day training which starts today being held in our conference room. People, strangers, wandering in and out of our office and phone calls coming in from those not of this city trying to find their way in or trying to find a family member or work mate which is supposed to be at the training and need us to find the person. The environment today is a little chaotic which adds to the whole feeling that today would have been a good day to stay at home.

Firecracker Friday temps may hit he triple digits and I feel like the weekend has already started. So I am here to do the basics, greet the visitors answer the phones and just get the work day by. I have a couple of hours I might use at lunch to go down town and wonder round. Maybe I’ll clean my work space a little and I need to start the Access Report of the condominium I did last week.

My buddy Mack called earlier this week and asked that I might checkout the ramp he has recently had one of his consumer, contacts build. The fact that one of his consumers built the ramp is not as important to me as is the fact that Mack had access built in to his home. Now Mack is pretty eclectic and a pretty good thinker but he is the second person I have known who has gone out of their way to make their homes accessible to people who use wheelchairs more specifically, me.

This almost “weirds” me out that fact that someone would go out of their way to make their home accessible when they don’t have to but they have built accessibility into their home because they wanted someone like “me” in their home…that’s cool

No comments: