Saturday, February 04, 2023

A Little Bit Of Cheese and a Whole Lot Of Family

 



I was not going to write about this when I started this entry. I was going to write about the fact it was Saturday night and I just made my dinner of cold cuts cheese, crackers, summer sausage and grapes. Half of the dinner was supplied by my friend Dennis Dahle who sent me a a box from Hickory Farms were my favorite gifts include! Smoked sausage and cheese. I it's true I am dining on that tonight for dinner, myself lucky. But as I dictated the the date for today's blog I realized is my parents anniversary. I'm not sure but I think it would've in either 71 or 72 years they would have been married. I think I was one year old when they tied the knot. It's a long story pretty interesting as many places but not what I want to write about. Will write about the fact that I'm glad that I got adopted in this family. Weird I know I've pretty much always known I was adopted it was never big deal. It wasn't a big deal for a number of reasons mainly because I was raised under a dogma which totally believed that you could take a child not from your bloodline and go to your holy house of worship and perform the ordinances needed and that person would be bonded to that family is strong as any blood tie. I was fortunate to live under this concept for nearly 70 years. I thought for sure I would never have to concern myself with any of the family except for my adopted and “sealed “ family of course the dedicated reader knows about my daughter's search on one of those genetic DNA finder apps and all of a sudden I'm in possession of the knowledge about biological family! What do I do now?


I'm so thankful that fate turned out the way that it did. No offense to my biological family but I will have a difficult time in that group I believe or they would have a difficult time with me. It's so weird there's one individual in particular in my biological family was just younger than me and I swear searching for the equivalent of a “Walton” type family. I think a lot of the family members have all gotten together to try to bring this off but it just hasn't worked for me I don't know why. In fact I have a little resentment to the whole thing. I think I like these people of my bloodline to certain degree I've even tried to reach out the little bit of got little response in a little suspicious of the fervor under which my little bio brother has focused on bringing us all together. I mean a good guy basically. He is steeped in the life of an career in law enforcement and maybe that weirds me out a little not that I have anything to hide but maybe I do. Plus there's other members of family group of which I'm very leery of and really don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know them. What's the use? Especially at this point in my life from 72 in this dog doesn't want to learning a new tricks…

No comments: