Thursday, February 23, 2023

Cutting Out Coffee

 


You have heard me talk about the Coffee Social before. An attempt by a really don't know who anymore to get the people who live in this facility to interact and visit socially one day a week typically Thursday's. I first you will and moved into this apartment complex The social was posted by someone who I just figured was the on-base social worker, Anne. This person was very nice and definitely a management person and someone who is set to retire. I got the impression the social were part of a function the complex use to be some kind of Requirements from HUD housing since this is a basically HUD project.


Well Anne did retire she is replaced by very young person named Rochelle who won the hearts of everybody in the building. She was energetic, brilliant, multi-language (English/Spanish). She easily fit right in the routine especially taking over Anne's responsibilities Taking special interest in the coffee social. And also a few weeks ago management decided shake things up reassigned Rochelle to another building related her all responsibility of here at the Apartments complex. Her position was filled by another social worker type also bilingual but not the person that Rochelle is not a longshot. I just assumed All Would go on as usual and coffee hour would Also.


I didn't sleep well as I would have liked last night. No special reason I just had to pee Round 4 AM And I never got back to sleep. This is kind of typical on coffee social days. I don't expect a whole lot out of this event but I've got the point where the forward to sitting down and drinking coffee with some of these folks I consider friends. For example Billie I always sat together. The social is fairly will attend the function bilingual to a degree number of subgroups of the large group. I got up this morning shaved made some breakfast all the time getting ready for the event. The social begins at 9:30 AM and lasts about an hour. So I had about 45 minutes to kill so I try to clean up the bathroom a little bit hopes that the facility repair guy might be around To work on my sink in the bathroom. I also took the time to work on one of my word puzzles which are trying to do each day. So around 9:25 AM I had down to the common notice that nothing has been done for Coffee social. The room is dark, the tables were not together and there was no coffee being made. It was quiet and dismal. I can't say that not having Coffee social broke my heart I can certainly use aggression are in my day to do whatever I do. It did feel like a mini vacation. I did stop at the office and asked Jennifer why there was no social today she did not. She seems quite frustrated with a lot of the decisions being made by management lately. I don't know if Thursday morning coffee group is a thing of the past. Maybe we'll just go over to the coffee shop where I can actually get a real Doughnut since this was something that is always been desperately missing at this event. I like to see the coffee social continue but worst-case last best case I can always use another hour my week

No comments: