Thursday, February 02, 2023

Happy Birthday To Me


Happy birthday to me. Been a very quiet birthday for me today that's okay. I don't need cake and ice cream and a zillion people screaming out of the closet “surprise”! Times infinity. Today most like every other except I was born on this day 72 years ago! I spent the day doing the usual coffee klatch in the morning, washing clothes all afternoon and just finished folding and hanging them up a few hours ago. My brother sent me 100 bucks which is pretty nice. I got a call from him early this morning. I also got a box from my friend Dennis long time buddy from the old days more sausage and cheese and crackers from Hickory Farms one my favorites. So to real gifts +50+ salutations on Facebook that I didn't even understand was there. I rarely go to my Facebook account anymore it was more ex-wife Dianne notified me that there were a bunch of salutations there. Now I'm debating whether to respond to each one or do one of those generalized “thank you everybody” response to everybody all wants.


I mean is not like these people making a point to send me a happy birthday notification except for the bot inside the Facebook page notified everybody on my front page of my birthday just like I get notified on their birthdays with cranks up. Then I hit a”happy birthday” notification and in some cases even at other personalized note. I know how these things work but still it's nice to be remembered.I hate to sound cynical but that's so to how I see it when I get a notification of somebody's birthday that I know.


My son is now heading over with some birthday present type of thing. It's getting late it's 8 o'clock and we could have just waited until this next Sunday but he felt pretty strongly about bringing something over tonight. Quite frankly my place is a mess. I really need to hunker down and just spend some strong time cleaning up everything is dropped on the floor specially the kitchen where I prepare the food I eat and there is all kinds of junk on the floor. I'm currently going through a silvery phase I'm chopping up a lot of celery for my morning drink. I'm always amazed at how many celery chunks escape. I'm dropping a lot of stuff these days I don't know what's that about but that's just fodder for another blog. I drop a lot of stuff so the floor looks really messy, and it is but it's situational. I love that term “situational” makes things sound not as bad as they probably are . I'm getting to that point where I kind of care about what people think about how good my home looks. I'm still questing for a real live housekeeper who is yet to materialize.


Well I'm ready start another year. Year 72 I really need to go out of my way and make this the best your possible. From now on I need to make every minute count because they all do. I'm really begin to feel the whip no And scorns of advanced age. Luckily, I'm still fairly independent can do most of my needs. However this morning I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fasten my shorts. I eventually got the job done but it took quite a while. Had I been really under a time commitment I would've just freaked out since it would just coffee group I covered my unbuttoned pants with my restraint belt and you couldn't tell at least I hope…

No comments: