Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Just A Little State Of the Union

 


I just watched the 1st hour of the state of the Union address. I can't say that I was impressed with the presentation at I watched but it was interesting just the same. I don't know what I'm going to do this next election. I just have a hard time voting for this guy again and not because he hasn't necessarily done a good job but my goodness the guys old! He's trying so hard I kind of feel sorry for them. But that is no reason to electing just because you feel sorry for the guy. It's weird when you don't have access to The regular networks I just get this straight programming I don't get the color provided by the news wonks but cover these kind of things. Kind refreshing but little challenging from people who were slow like me.


Fortunately I had the day off, no assist meeting this week, I even took advantage of the sunshine even though the temperature still kind of risk – – nothing compared to what has been the last couple weeks – – but I was able to get my shoes on myself and I through pointer over my legs and took off and I was actually able to get to my credit union cash my check that I got from Assist, Inc. last week for services rendered. This was not a payment for services as much as it was a stipend for showing up I don't know how that differs but it does somehow. What about 4 miles today actually 4.5 miles that's quite a distance in a power chair. My butt sure feels it tonight and I might even try to hit the sack of literally just to get the weight off. I have everything else kind of in tow. I did make a bit of a mess earlier in the evening when I inadvertently caught my toggle switch on my power chair on some sticks While trying Take my jacket off. Luckily I was able to finally stop by chair for moving by turning off the the power. I'm so pleased that I didn't do any damage to the bookcase which I nearly knocked over as well as to the sawhorse in my tiny woodshop. An event such as this always makes me think that I never really realize how powerful these chairs are and should never be taken lightly.


By the time I got home from taking the bus to the credit And to a small little fast food joint it was time to start my workout and listen to my NPR programming for 2 PM to 3:30 PM slot that I like to listen to while I work out on my arm bike. I felt pleased with myself. Too often when I want to get something done on my day off and up blowing off a lot of time by not focused on dressing and getting things done out the door. But not today I got dressed, all the way, even shoes. And I was out the door to catch the bus to do my business and back again all the days time doesn't leave much time for anything else but was able to get some things done…

No comments: