Saturday, February 18, 2023

Fixed!

 



Out of nothing else better to do I just finished watching Capt. America “Civil War”. I don't know how many times I've watched this particular movie but I don't seem to tire of it not too much anyway Tony Stark gets on my nerves a little bit but not too bad. I finished the movie about a half an hour ago when I sat down to write this post I noticed that the current Black Panther offering was posted on my screen with epitaph “because you watched “Civil War””. I don't know why but this just irritates the hell out of me. Some stupid bot out there suggesting movies for me like it really cares and all business some silly algorithm running haphazard at the end of these movies. I'm sure I've oversimplified the whole thing but it just does is not getting any better is getting worse whole suggestion thing. I get so annoyed at the AI wannabes just want to reach out and slapped them down and say leave me alone but I know that's not going to happen as long as I and the weak vessel that I am and the use the Internet as I do.


It's Saturday night in the most energetic thing I've done all day was attend Saturday morning coffee group across the street at hidden peaks coffee. There's 3 of us now who are regulars there were 4 of course you know that but Billie passed away last week. The 3 of us toasted our late friend and I mentioned a weird feeling that I have every time I lose somebody close to be like Billie. I'm not sure if this particular blog goes back far enough to document my feelings on the passing of my good friend Sheelan who passed about 20 years ago when I was worried that the independent living Center. I think I lost those blog entries because they are on another hard drive. Irritates me. But I noticed when Sheelan died right afterwards for a couple of weeks seemed like I was going to see her everywhere I went. I just got the strangest feeling that I would turn the corner and there she would be. I've had the same feelings now with Billie that when I opened my door to go somewhere I expect to see her in her doorway just across the hall the way we always seem to run into each other on the way out of the building. I guess it's sort of kind a like the feeling that I get you below my mom's been dead for a bunch years every once in a while I get the strongest feeling I need to pick up the phone call her to tell her about something I'm doing or thinking about. The feeling swiftly passes but still I get that need to make contact with her. Would make a great segment for the Twilight Zone.


My brother was over again today repairing my wheelchair. He's great at doing that I'm so lucky to have them in my life. I just hope I don't burn them out calling on him so much. Oddly, the only time we really get to visit them are doing this weird thing right now sharing a lot of our feelings on the way back years when he was just a teenager and I was new to the family. He played basketball as a wrestler in high school he was even quarterback for his high school football team in Kansas where he lived part-time. He is posted images on the Internet which I think are very cool.

No comments: