Saturday, February 25, 2023

Read, Read and Read Again

 


Before Billie died we started the practice of going out to coffee on Saturday mornings. The little coffee shop across the street where we go. Over the months a couple of the other residents here at the complex began to join us. Last week was the 1st Saturday after Billie died and was a strange having coffee together when she nearly died probably the night before. However, I truly believe that's exactly where and what Billie would've want us to have Done and do. We met again this morning at the coffee shop and once again I have strangest feeling that Billie was with us.


This morning outing was the 1st I done since the storm. There are piles of snow everywhere locally the street have been cleared of snow – – I just have to be careful when using driveways in the street. Sidewalks are still hopelesslyIced in and will be for distant future. Forecasters are predicting a little snow possibly tomorrow and for sure by Tuesday when I'm sure I'll have a meeting downtown. That's still number of days off and I'm sure I'll have no problem making the meeting regardless of the snow. Even though I go far this morning it was being out and mixing with other human beings. The crowd at the coffee shop is pretty much constant just as the crowd at the restaurant Sunday breakfasts. They acknowledge you as a friend. Very little verbal communication with a smile and the nod that you know you been recognized and accepted to be in this space. It's a good feeling like coming home.


Even though the day was somewhat will and indeed snow was and is beginning to melt I have no desire to take the bus anywhere just because I know the snow remain systemwide sidewalk-Wise and I could easily stranded in a snow bank. So I came back home and Cleaned the apartment A little, worked out on my own bike for 30 minutes while listening to NPR and then spent an inordinate amount of time trying to find the place of the book I'm reading after dropping a book last night while reading in bed . I cannot believe I could not find my spot. I spent our going back to trying to read recognized places I've just read the last week or so but strangely nothing sounded familiar.This actually worries me a little bit. I finally just settled on a spot that seemed a little familiar hundred and some pages into the book And just reread until I come to a spot I feel most comfortable with. I'm still perplexed how I could have read so much of this book not remember having read a lot of in pages I looked at. This is silly book is simple mystery novel and I pretty much use the reading as an exercise for me to get ready for sleep so maybe it doesn't matter that I can't remember what I've read or not the point is to relax and I do remain concerned however. They just keep same book by my bedside never have to read another book again just keep rereading the novel on the side of the bed…

No comments: