Friday, February 03, 2023

Friday Farts

 


My Wednesday Friday caregiver is called Gloria. I really like Gloria she's a unique person and someone that I will sorely miss when she leaves. This morning she gave me a covert warning that she might be leaving the area at the end of March to move someplace like Twin Falls Idaho. She's qualified threatened before leave for one reason or another but I kind of think this one is probably more solid than the other options she's had. It'll put her with her family ie. her daughter and grandson where she can actually play out her feelings to be a grandmother at close contact. Certainly cannot fulfill for that and wish her the most and best of luck. What really freaks me out and this is purely selfish is now I'm going to have to find another person to act as my home health person for those 2 days. I'm hoping, and I know this is a long shot, that my Monday person who is Melissa and really really good home health person might take those other 2 days. This would certainly solve the immediate problem when Gloria leaves. I am not going to put a lot of stress into this issue until it becomes more real but certainly plays on my mind. I would love to have another person trained as a backup for Melissa in the future. These are all problems I've never faced before since I've never been dependent as I have been since the stenosis and divorce and living on my own again they learned so much these past few years.


The super frigid air was finally moved out to the temperatures are now in the 30s which feels like a heat wave. I took advantage of the warmer weather after my shower this morning and went to the market to get items for the weekend. I totally enjoyed by timeout especially the shopping portion. I took my basket with me and I got 50 some dollars worth of groceries most of it in cans or bottles of liquid like juice. I guess what I'm trying to say is cutting getting tired of how heavy the items that I buy from the market are. 2 cans of peppers sliced, 2 smaller cans of sliced peppers and carrots all these cans of items or pickled which I use in my elixir drink in the mornings. But they're basically water and water is heavy. The bad 10 yogurts 2 bottles of juice both be in 32 ounces. It was a heavy load. Only once did I fear that I would lose my basket on the way home but I made it without issue. I got the grapes washed, the 10 yogurts put away in the celery in the carrots thrust in the crisper. Thank God Gloria picked up the kitchen and the living room a little bit. For some reason the place and got out-of-control I don't know why or how I let the apartment get so bad. She put a little effort into the project in at least I'm feeling a bit comfortable this evening looked around seeing the floor clear of debris for the most part. Sadly, I did make some dinner amid a little bit of a mess. My goal this evening is to sweep up before I go to bed and maybe just maybe keep this place looking a little bit more livable and develop some habits for cleaning the place when Gloria is no longer around…

No comments: