Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday Night A little Sketchy

 


A couple of days ago friend one of the folks here at the complex stop by the apartment and was so 3 got what she saw she Stop what she was doing and immediately started washing the dishes. And I appreciate what she did no question that but what was really sort of bizarre was she threw away the sponge scrapers, you know those Cleaning devices that are Sponge on one side and on the back is a rough surface used for scraping off the stuff on the frying pan or whatever Surface may be working. I have these 2 sponges for at least 6 months and I guess just thought they were too disgusting to keep it off they went. So, I've been wanting to get out last week to purchase some more spongesFor the sink. Of course the temperature has been subzero as well as massive snow buildup. It's been a couple of days now since the last great snow and with today's sunshine brilliant moments of sunshine sandwiched between overcast moments it looks like the snow has melted and I might be able to make it across the street to the True Value store and get a couple. When I went out to check to see if sidewalks were clear enough to make an effort I was greeted with pretty cold temperatures which chased me right back to the apartment I still figured if article project on be okay I'll have to roll of the street to get to the store that's all you go to that would be enough to get by scratches. Luckily however I ran into another one of my apartment neighbors was actually any to start and asked if she did the thing and of course I didn't hesitate and went for it. Perhaps, One of the more productive things I've done all day.


Actually cooked something for dinner tonight, not microwaved but actually pull something out of the freezer, let it Thaw on afternoon and fry it up in a pan, one I have just washed with my new cleaning sponge. This was kind of a spur of the moment decision when I came across 2 pieces of meat in the freezer were a couple years at least. I actually got this meet at one of my visits to the foodBack, which kind of makes this meat sketchy to begin with. When the frost from the freezer Finally melted I realized I had to work ribs/steaks and one of those steaks run through tenderizing machine. I wasn't sure about either selection. The pork is like sweet smell but not enough to let be thrown away I ended up cooking all 3 pieces in the half of the tenderizing beef steak for dinner. I should have covered up with mushroom soup or one of my cans of beef gravy and cooked it for a while but I was too anxious to get to dinner Done. I have a taste of the pork which I may end up tossing. The important thing was I got these 2 articles Out of my freezer. Last night for the actually had a can of pears and toast. What a treat! This is my plan to use the items of my food storage and freezer storage getting decent rotation going so the food doesn't taste sketchy…

No comments: