Sunday, May 21, 2023

Feeling The Heat Of Spring

 


This month is just evaporating, probably because of the heat, that was a joke but I'm sure you knew that. However, the heat is significant today it was well past 84° for this early in the summer/spring. And once again this is fine by me I just had to be careful not to get overheated in my excitement to get my daily dose of vitamin D. Earlier the day I was out in the common area on the patio reading my book and the sun and I may have overdone it little bit but later on in the afternoon I went out on my porch, out of the sunlight directly, and read some more and felt much better when I was finished. I guess I should be more careful because often when I'm out in the common area I lay back in my chair and effort to take the weight off my rear end and I think I'm beginning to fall asleep when I'm out there. Number of residents have indicated as much. Honestly, my little worried that I think I may have a pressure ulcer developing on one of my cheeks. This is the reason I use as an excuse for laying back in my chair is much as I have been lately. I think as long as I get the weight off my butt that's the important thing not necessarily whether I'm in bed or in my power chair leaning back almost as if I were in bed. I think it works we'll see. I have a few appointments this coming week button and that's going to take a lot of bus riding would sort of worries me sometimes because the amount of stress the rocking of the light rail as well as the buses not have on my butt. Press releases one where the others the answer to that particular dilemma.


I'm figuring I only really have to have one meal a day on Sundays. And since more often than not the breakfast that I have both Mark and the kids is usually a fairly large ordeal. This morning I had a stuffed croissant – scrambled eggs different vegetables all stuffed in a large croissant. Will difficult to eat but was pretty good actually that I had their specialized potatoes not the hashbrowns. That's pretty much stayed with me all day thing goodness I did have a meat pie I found back in the freezer for dinner and that's just about do it today except for any pickled vegetables I might have before I go to bed really getting into the pickled vegetable thing. My next big change in the pickled vegetables is another ad account of green beans that's been haunting the giveaway table for the past couple weeks. I tried a small can of beans earlier last week and they actually turned out pretty decent mixed with the jalapeno peppers and the pickled carrots. I'm looking at ways to stretch the pickled vegetables that I use that I purchase almost daily it seems. I doubt if the beans and I've gotten mine will do the crunch I would like but I think it's worth a shot and will stretch the peppers and carrots this week. I do have a bag of carrots that I can use to chop up to start pickling. These raw carrots have an astounding crunch. I'm also thinking of possibly using some chili beans you know just kidding means you can wash off the kidney slime and add those. Dianne used to do this to a certain degree when she would make her being in cottage cheese dinner plate of cold vegetables adding account of the red beans and it seems pretty good so all that added with the brine solution should make a pretty decent dinner. I know I'm rattling the Sunday night and it still like 83° out there and looking forward to a great week of warm temperatures and hopefully exciting thunderstorms…

No comments: