Monday, May 01, 2023

Taking A Chance

 


I almost felt at a loss of what to do today having finished my project of letters yesterday the last day of April! Usually I take up the whole 1st week of the new month writing and processing the letters to be mailed out but everything just came together. I did do the usual make out the rent check and drop it off as wills of apartment survey. The temperature was nearly 80° by the time I'd finished those projects and of course my home health person had been here and left. Everything was going great. I even went across the street to the market to pick up materials for my drink like vegetable juice, pickled vegetables and if you other items for the weeks lunches and such like potato chips and beef baloney. Back at the house after the excursion through the market I had a quick lunch and then did not work out listening to NPR. Oddly however my phone rang which are still in my backpack. I was pretty sure that it was just a computer call and about 5 minutes later the phone rang again. I was only about 30 minutes into my workout and I wasn't bound to stop the whole process take off my gloves and its rightful owner see who was calling I knew I had to be sales call… It wasn't.


One of the calls was from my friend Andrea's who works as my handler for Assist, Inc. or volunteer a couple times a month to help process applications for Assist, Inc. services. The other call list and Gloria my CNA and that somewhat disturbed me. Gloria never calls unless something serious and today I guess it's serious. Over the weekend she fell down some steps at her apartment complex landing on her arm and of course breaking it! Gloria was calling to see if I wanted her still to come to provide services for me on Wednesday and Friday. Her arms in a cast but she says she has one good arm and she does and I don't put anything past this person was is quite a survivor. Now this is all kind of tricky I'm trying to figure out my mind how this is all going to work I don't know if it will work. Once totally bummed that she has had this issue she has so much bad luck I can't believe it. I did not want to totally shut her down because I don't know what she would do I mean she would be homeless again if she has no check coming in for her work. I assume that she told Joe the owner of the company. We'll see what happens I guess. I don't know of one person can work the slings and such. Maybe with my help in her gumption unwillingness to keep swinging at the ball we can pull this off. If not, I can say we at least tried we can see that just was going to work with just one arm and a couple legs. Like I said just breaks my heart this girl can get a break but I think she's taking chances on me before actually given me services which she went out of her way I guess I could do the same…

No comments: