Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Transit Drama





I was delighted to have warmer than usual weather to travel today on public transit for my ride downtown to my assist, Inc. meeting. As kind of surprised to have a meeting since most of the funding that we have for this year is pretty well depleted. We have a couple of pots of money that we can utilize for some semi-emergent scenarios but we can't really address a lot of action until we get our new funding which will happen about 20 July or the beginning of our new fiscal year. Still though we had about 12 contracts to approve. The blossoms are basically gone from the trees in the summer foliage is out making being out on the sidewalks a joy. The Tuesday meeting at Assist, Inc. usually happens following the organizations weekly staff meeting. I don't know why but all private nonprofit seem to have staff meetings on Tuesday. This means there's usually a box of bagels and sometimes even better treats. I grabbed a bagel on my way out which was helpful in that I didn't then have to stop at the Taco Time I really like downtown. Had to do a pit stop at the bank pick up some quarters for wash getting business done kind of feel productive.


I have been catching the bus on State Street in taking the bus all the way to the train station where I pick up the number 47 westbound. But today I decided I'd go ahead and drive much over the 3 or 4 streets over to TraX station and take the train to the Murray central station where I pick my westbound bus. It's always weird when you're in public and there's a infringement of the local law going on. Even stranger if the infringement is being done by a spooky looking person that's exactly what happened today. This guy was definitely weird but he really didn't bother anybody who is directly. After we sat down and pay much more attention until all the sudden I heard music playing, rock music. The music was quiet to begin with but quite rapidly filled the whole car. This was the same car that had the it driver our vehicle operator in it so soon after the volume was raised announcement came over the top saying that people don't listen to music with their headphones. This did not stop the music lover at all to close his eyes and sang along with the loud rock 'n roll. I was halfway expecting the driver to slam on the brakes and opened the door to storm out to confront patron but it never happened. This individual father got off at the Murray North station as soon to go to DI to get some more music of some sort. Truth be told the ride from there on to the next stop was quiet and uneventful I almost missed the music but not the drama…

No comments: