Sunday, May 28, 2023

Thank you J and J

 






As I indicated recently, weatherwise wherein transition mode. For one reason or another a lot of moisture is being pumped into our system which means cooler temperatures and the possibility for afternoon storms. The afternoon storms I like however the, cooler temperatures I could just do without. The skies are pretty overcast this morning as I took off for the restaurant for breakfast with the kids but I did get rained on but I did wear longsleeved shirt today just so I would be comfortable.


As usual breakfast was enjoyable. The teenagers hardly ever read anything and when they do order the order of the à la carte menu usually just toast or crates or something. Mark Anthony and myself typically have a larger breakfast. Anyway was during this time that I mentioned that I continue to look for a housekeeper and since my one home health person who often does a little housekeeping while waiting for me to do my business, broke her arm and a vehicle accident a few weeks ago that my apartment is becoming more and more chaotic. That's when they volunteered to come over and do some straightening up. I was desperate enough to not fight the offer at all so following breakfast Jackson and Jasmine came over to the apartment and went to work. They were kind and said that the apartment did look that bad but they be happy to help anyway that's when they open the refrigerator but gears were shifted. While Jackson swept up and start mopping with the swifter Jasmine did a major attack on the refrigerator. Doing a total search and destroy by “use by” dates. She seemed to see patches of mold on everything. Even wieners opened up day before yesterday. I knew my limits and did not really fight too much. I was able save a few pieces of protein meat that was still sealed in the packaging, over great protestations however, that I have been meaning to use shortly. Now I shall. Luckily most of the meat and packaging which is thrown away was stuff I had acquired from the food bank and the sharing shelf. I would've fought harder I think had I actually purchased these items. There were a number of science experiments of course. Morsels and pieces of food that had been pushed to the back of the refrigerator are bottles of unidentified liquids that's best left unidentified at this point. I squirmed a little bit when they were throwing away your check purchased months ago that were still sealed and really after all your hurts just milk that's gone bad anyway just kind of controlled it was doable. You got a remember also that I'm also complaining about the fact that the refrigerator isn't working. They did some adjustments on some of the temperature dials and I think and it is working will see tomorrow how much it is. The refrigerator looks so good that even if I don't really use it to eat out of until Tuesday when staff gets back from holiday I should be okay. The icemaker seems these working slowly but doggedly. I have enough is for my needs. I buy my milk and quart containers for you do if I lose milk I'm just lose the court at a shot. I buy the milk at the dollar store and is good stuff was still like to keep a cold long as I could. When Jasmine the Jackson finished the kitchen looked good, the table and cleaned off and I haven't seen the refrigerator looks that good since the day I moved in. They even went to the market replaced a lot of stuff they threw away which they didn't have to do that made me feel good to have items in their fridge weeks away from their sell by dates.


Unfortunately for me I didn't have the heart to ask Jackson looked at my printer as they were leaving something already done so much but I still have a couple of days before the 1st of the month and my letters to go out hopefully I'll get something figured out.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

WOW! That was SUPER NICE of J & J to rescue your refrigerator. (It is a miracle you haven't poisoned yourself.)

That looks SO NICE!

How kind to do the job AND get basic items to replace those discarded. VERY GENEROUS of time and spirit! BLESS THEM BOTH!