Saturday, October 12, 2024

Battery Woes

It's not like this discourages me but sometimes it kind does discourage me and that's a message I'm getting on my power chair these days saying that I'm under voltage whatever that means. This evening I finally put that in the search engine, google, under the under voltage Plus power wheelchair and it came up that it says charge the battery. Not immediately, not at all costs, just charge the battery. Hell I figured that one out all by myself. Yeah I need to charge the battery my question is what has happened with my chair now that I get this message of only using the chair one day after I charged it last night totally and I only went 3. 7 miles today. 7 miles is a goodly amount actually don't get me wrong I appreciate the amount of distance I can cover at 3.7 MI with the assistance of Utah Transit Authority. I went to the movies again and wandered around that area for a little while. But that's about it and I'm glad that I get this message late in the day usually as I'm watching television in the evenings are wandering around my apartment doing this and doing that I start getting the message and the chair starts losing power quickly at least quicker than before. It'll go from 71% charge to like 40% if not 30% charge in 60 minutes from the first time it flashes that message. That's kind of spooky to me that I can't trust my chair again now. I would like to think that the fix is just as simple as getting new batteries which would be a major expense but it's my major form of transportation so I got to do what I got to do right? And I don't have a backup chair right now because my backup chair is in the shop or I'm contemplating getting another backup chair that has an elevator function on it like this chair does which would greatly assist me when this chair is in the shop. Also there is the concept that this chair may be a goner as far as I keep getting promptings to get another chair a new chair. I'm trying to push that agenda but it gets a little challenging sometimes. I wish I was more that I could do on a Saturday night to alleviate this problem but all I can do tonight is just grouse about just another problem in my life.


The movie I went to today is called piece by piece I think it was a pretty good show it was all filmed with Lego characters which is kind of interesting. A lot of music stuff a lot of music information areas that I didn't know anything about but I enjoyed sitting through the Lego experience. I'd recommend it to anyone who has the patience to deal with looking at kids toys for 2 hours. I don't know if I have the patience to sit through this movie again but who knows 

No comments: