Saturday, October 05, 2024

Transparent as mud

 I don't know how transparent I should be about events and things of my life but I don't think it does any good to hide things. But anyway I had the strangest feeling this morning when I woke up I was not aware of what day it was. I slept in longer than I usually do which is kind of a treat but then I realized that I wasn't sure what day that it was and did I miss an appointment that had on Saturday morning. I have a standing appointment with a friend of mine that we have coffee together over at this shop right across the street from our apartment complex. It's not a big deal we just sit drink coffee and gossip about what's going on during the week with events and Folks at the apartment complex. I got up and got wrapped up in a movie on Netflix when I suddenly realized I didn't go to coffee, I missed coffee with my friend and I basically stood her up and I've never done that. It was about this time that I realized it was still Saturday in fact it was Saturday morning and as I write this I'm beginning to realize that none of this really happened at all that I think that I dreamed the whole sequence. I had coffee with my friend this morning. So obviously things snapped back into order as soon as I got up. I was a little concerned because I wanted to make sure I was able to get dressed in time for coffee which was at 9:30 a.m.. I'm still a little worried that I'm not being able to dress myself as easily as I used to. Thankfully however this morning I got dressed just fine with time to spare before it was time to go to coffee. I'm still trying to figure out this memory I have of not being able to know what day it was when I woke or later on when I thought that I was watching the Netflix movie and realizing the day was not the day I thought it was. I will not dwell on this too long because then I will get into frighten myself as far as my time frame continuity. So that bit of transparency got muddled quite quickly. And I need to watch myself closely to make sure that I don't get muddled again.


I haven't brought myself to write anything since the writer's Guild lunch but I really want to start getting myself into the habit of riding something more than just the blog that I've been working on for the last couple decades. So seriously I think I have written a lot but not what I would consider real writing as far as you know fiction or nonfiction or whatever. I don't know what the blog counts as but it's not the kind of writing I would like to be doing. I wish I had brought it up at The Writers Guild the whole concept of AI writing and where does it fall as far as does it count as writing or cheating at writing? When you've written something that AI is assisted with do you lose the claim of writing that document or is it basically AI s document at that point?

No comments: