Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Tuesday's tidings




What you see in today's image is a view of my digital clock which is right next to my bed which is showing a few minutes after 6:00 a.m.. it's time for me to get up I have my assistant meeting today which means I have to be down to Salt Lake by 11:00 a.m. that's where the meeting starts. But I'm going to start getting ready now as soon as I get up not that it takes me that long but it might take me that long just because you never know what you're going to run into when you've got something that has to be done. There was actually a time when one of the first things I did everyday was the blog and before the blog a journal entry. If not right after I woke it would be right after I got to the office but I've got over that before you know the impetus to keep me riding? Now however I often wait till the end of the day which, sadly, means that what I write is more of a journal of what I did during the day as opposed to what I might be thinking about during the day. And what I think about during the day is sometimes much more interesting than just a log of the days events.


Today for instance I got to the library with almost 40 minutes to get rid of before I could show up at the office and not be too much of distraction until it was time to go over the intakes for the week. I'm finding now that I'm almost drawn to their new book section and go through all the new entries which look interesting and a lot of them do look interesting. I wish I had the capability of reading a book within a week's time and then just get into the habit of getting one book A Week reading it and bringing it back. That would be so civilized but that is not me so I don't even try but I do like to look at the titles and sometimes a little bit about what they are about. I've even taken images before of titles I'm really interested in that I might actually come by sometime and pick the title or more realistically find the title on Amazon or some other internet platform and just order the book. Now that might be the way to enjoy the book. The books at the library that are on the shelves of the new bookshelves seems like they're the ones that are reviewed on NPR and such I think that's why they hold so much interest to me. Maybe I believe that if I read these books I'll be a real NPR person but I don't think that's how it works. Might be fun to try.


I think I've mentioned the fact that there doing a lot of work on the park just next to my apartment complex to the point where they've completely shut off half of the sidewalk going up to the bus stop. I found another way to get there but I have to cross the park at a different place in not on sidewalk but on grass it's quite a bumpy ride. I've noticed however the last couple of times that I've gone to the bus stop that it's a whole new group of people that's moved into the park homeless Folk. I have heard that the bigger parts of the city are driving the people out of the downtown parks and maybe that's where they're ending up now is in my Park here in Taylorsville I'm not quite sure what to think of that…

No comments: