Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Just one please






Have you noticed you just cannot buy one confectionary ice cream thing you know like fudge bar or dreamsicle or a popsicle you know the two stick ice flavored ice thing that's so good on a hot Summer's Day. Used to be able to go into a market and go into the frozen food section and grab one of those pay your money and be on your way now if you want one you have to buy the whole box usually eight six to eight in a box and then you're stuck with five other pieces of ice cream that you better freeze are there and turn too heavily flavored liquid and a major mess. I kind of like having them in the freezer so they're available when you want to use them or want something to suck on during a movie but many times I'm just in the market and would like to get one of them. Today, I was out back laying in the sunshine for a while then decided maybe I'd go get a ice cream or something. I thought about going all the way up to the market and buying a box of ice creams of some sort but figured that was just too much hassle. Then I thought about going over to the Arctic Circle and getting one of their ice cream cones which would be good but still kind of messy. Then I remembered the super gas station just behind my apartment complex. It's one of those multi- pump stops where you can get anything you want from gas to cookies. I remembered that these are the places you can still get those individual confectionaries ice cream in this ice cream that all kinds of stuff. It's a little pricey but what is it anymore right? Today, I actually got an Oreo ice cream sandwich you know like two large Oreo cookies with vanilla ice cream squashed in the middle. The treat wasn't bad halfway just a bit messy but I wasn't going anywhere so I threw caution to the wind got my treat and found some shade just outside of the convenience station. It was a really nice treat. I like this place I would go there a lot more probably if I could get in relatively safely. There are so many places out there that still are not wheelchair accessible compliant. The super convenient gas stations are the worst I think in many ways because the doors are still heavy and if you have any limited hand function at all like me you have to open the door just a little bit enough to get your hand in then push it open enough that you can turn your chair and back into the store it's still not drive off the edge of the sidewalk- - after Sunday I'm pretty gun shy of Curves. I went to the store a couple times right after I moved into this place where I'm living now and was always amazed that how I want to weekend night if you needed something you can get it there whether it was candy or potato chips or something to drink or just beer. The place was open all night too. I never used them during those weird hours however. I noticed lately that they've changed their hours they now close at 10:00 open at 6:00 a.m. but something must have happened major for a convenience store like this too go to those kind of hours. I think I almost paid $4 for this convection. I really don't think it was worth it except for it was a good experience but even more delicious was the knowledge that you could still buy frozen treats individually…

No comments: