Friday, October 11, 2024

Movie Hang Time

 It's Friday night and I didn't even register it as being Friday night until I had to title this blog posting. I guess somewhere deep down I knew it was Friday cuz I know that I had my care person over this morning which means it's either Monday Wednesday or Friday and I knew it wasn't Wednesday that left it had to be Friday. Once I had that established everything fell into place like some inaudible click the world was right again. I had made it a busy day no question about that right after my caregiver left I grabbed something close to breakfast check the movie times and figured how much time I would need to get to the first showing of the movie I wanted to check out today. I didn't have much time though maybe 45 minutes to do whatever I was going to do and head out to the bus stop. I didn't have to wait long when I got to the theater I still had 45 minutes to kill before the movie started. That means the movie time was listed at 11:00 a.m. and I got there about 5 minutes after 11:00 and the the movie person told me that my feature would not start till 11:45 so I had time to kill. I thought about getting candy at the dollar store but I'd have to cross the street to do that and I wasn't up for that. So I wondered around different businesses there in that strip mall area that the movie theaters are right behind. I ended up going to the coffee shop that's sort of a old time Seaport type of coffee shop which I cannot remember right now. Oh Starbucks. I didn't even purchase a coffee which makes you feel a little bad not too much though. I raised my chair up so I can sit at one of those high chairs or high tables and look cool as I went to my backpack pulling out junk that's accumulated over the week. I don't know why but I've got I don't know how many suckers stuck to the bottom of my pack. These suckers are those cheap suckers that a lot of businesses have in a big bowl by the checkout area. I think I got most of these suckers from my podiatrist or I'd always grab three or four to stick in my pack before leaving while I was setting up my next appointment. I don't know how many I've got there at the bottom of my but I keep pulling them out and sucking on them when I need to but they're not all that quality of candy. I need to take a minute or two and just go through my pack get out all the garbage and start over again. That might be a good project for the weekend. I still have the Harley-Davidson motorcycle backpack that my coffee buddy Janet gave me. I think she's still somewhat sensitive to the fact that I have not been seeing using it very much. I think it was one of her dead kids satchel I just have a problem with the loop at the top it feels like it's about ready to come off and that's all I need is to have the loop come off while I'm going somewhere in the whole backpack drop off in the middle of the road. If I could find a place I'd have them sew it on good and tight and use the backpack it's a good one. Maybe soon I'll find somebody who's got those sewing machines that does this heavy duty sewing and thanks start carrying how much bigger pack like art supplies and writing supplies and things to do while I'm waiting for movies to start…

No comments: