Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Just one video!

 I caught myself again just a few minutes agoBecause I had a few seconds of timeBetween making coffee and getting ready for my morning staff to get here and get me going on activities of daily living stuff. But I stumbled onto a new technique that at least YouTube is using and that's breaking up a major movie into interesting Snippets 3 minutes here 4 minutes in length there all the way up to 11 and 12 minutes portions of the movie , these are interesting and sometimes rewarding but hardly worth the time wasted watching that piece over again. Hey, and I'm the most guilty. When I closed out the item I was watching I saw there was a number of these Snippets from different movies doing exactly the same thing so it's a New Concept I noticed more ways to suck your life out while you sit there and watch and be happy watching. I truly amaze myself because I will sit through 3 minutes to get to the part that I really really like and then I do the same with the snippet and soon I'll realize I've lost 30 minutes, 45 minutes a whole hour. I sometimes trick myself into thinking I'll just do 10 minutes if I have to kill 25 minutes time to catch a bus. I've got time it just right so I can get down to the corner to be there in time to catch the 47 inbound. I start watching these Snippets and soon I'm in total chaos trying to zip out the door because I've cut my time frame so narrow that I pray the bus is just a little bit late so I can get there in time or somebody else is at the bus stop which means it'll take a little time to load that person and maybe give me enough time to catch the bus driver as well. This of course is dependent on whether the driver is in a good mood and willing to give me the consideration of the time to wait a few minutes extra. And I shouldn't have to wait on his good graces. I just don't need to be watching youtube, Tick Tock or whatever platform might be providing these free Snippets of frustration. I'm thankful right now I'm strong enough to usually pull myself away from these mini films. Plus I know that they are just pulling a scam over you to get you to watch as long as you can. I noticed this particularly on those videos that tease you on whatever platform you go to the search for an item. They give you an intrinsically salacious bit of information that you want to find out more about and you click that document and it takes you to a platform that feeds you 1 or 2 sentences at a time about something you really want to know about we're just enough to encourage you to click it on again to get to another bit of information and they never tell you what you really want to hear maybe if you go all the way to the end that takes like forever and that's their idea that's the whole idea they want to keep you on as long as they can for whatever reason I don't really know except that somebody's making money somewhere at my expense and weakness. Well hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I will prevail over these sneaky videos and just do just one …

No comments: