Thursday, October 10, 2024

Maintenance day

 Today is been kind of a maintenance day, not that any day is not a maintenance day anymore. It's not like I'm buried under a lot of housework or house cleaning I kind of am but I seriously think I have the problem in check. Between caregivers needing quarters and grandchildren stopping by decorating my door and doing a basic floor sweep and mop at the same time I'm kind of ahead of the game sort of. Now I'm just having to struggle with dirty dishes. Actually I kind of like doing dishes it's just what do I do with them after they're washed? It seems like I keep a bunch in the drainer and then I have other dishes stacked up by the coffee maker. Quarter needing caregiver cleans out the kitchen she does a great job but she puts everything into closets and cupboards and shells and makes everything look perfect I then just have to spend the rest of my week finding out where everything's at. One of the biggest issues I have with dishwashing is again not necessarily washing the item which in this case are plastic containers which housed casseroles and other food gifts that have been bestowed upon me over the years. The benefactor did not want the plastic containers back and I just don't know what to do with them except throw them in one of the cupboards under the sink or by the sink or whatever and they just end up stacking up and stacking up till they start sliding out every time I open up the door. This truly vexes me. I wish I could just throw them all away but the containers are such good little pieces of plastic that have a hard time doing it even though I doubt I could find the top to these containers if I had something to store in them. I have about four or five that are good quality made I.E Rubbermaid type of containers that I keep using over and over the other ones just sort of linger whether in the drainer or behind the microwave or in one of the sinks. These matchless little guys are the ones I need to be brave and just get rid of so I would have much room in the cupboards and still have containers to store leftover food in. Earlier this week I cooked the steak and the butter that I had earlier used to fry something that I can't remember but anyway I set the frying pan to soak last night and it's a real dark mess now but I'll empty that mess and scrub out the frying pan and then be ready for spam and eggs or just eggs or some other item I want to develop. This evening I made another concoction. I pulled out the one that's been there for 2 weeks it was getting kind of weird so I'm scrubbing it out and made the new vegetable dish soup type of thing for the next couple of days but like I said it's just been a maintenance night…

No comments: