Thursday, October 03, 2024

Of produce and writers




 The joys of fall continue as exemplified by the image of today's posting. This morning when I went to Coffee social I was pleased to see there was a box under the table, where they set up the treats for the coffee social, in the Box was a bunch of green apples. Not just green apples but green apples on their way to turning red. Someone obviously has an apple tree and has gone out of their way to make sure that the apples no longer bother their grass or whatever and brought them over to our facility the nice big box. This is great and I certainly appreciate the thought. As I said these apples will turn red eventually I don't know if I will consume them before that. Of time but who knows. I know there is a green apple often used with apple pies, those that are made from scratch, I mean really from scratch not a can of applesauce apples. I don't know if green green apples would have the ability to taste good in an apple pie but you never know maybe just throwing them in to my toaster oven with a dose of brown sugar and cinnamon and then roasted them for a while. You would certainly not have the overall feeling goodness of an apple pie with apples bathed in the wash apple juice or whatever is mixed with the Apple mix but it's something to think about something to fun to play with in this Autumn season.


Today was also a meeting of The Writers Guild. That wonderful lunch that we have. Periodically usually hosted by our good friend Jerry who is a real writer by the way. Today we had the event at Ming's Chinese Restaurant just down the street from where I live. I like Ming's Chinese Restaurant a lot. In my mind the restaurant is still true to the illusion of the Chinese restaurant. It's not the best Chinese food I've had but it's the closest I found in the last decade or so that comes close to tasting like the Chinese food I remember from the days of your. I'm still not happy with their egg foo young but you can't have everything. Today was a serious meeting of the writers. That is all except me. These folks actually brought samples of their work. I thought about taking something but I really didn't have anything that I've been working on. I never bring anything to these meetings which means I should be painted with a brush of Shame. I don't know why I have a hard time writing these days. I'm just glad I can write something everyday for the blog. I think I'm kind of afraid of writing something and not have it meet up to the standards of the other people in my group. Not that they would ever say anything. However I'm good at making a concerted effort to actually bring something to the next riding group which will be in about a month I suspect. So I'm going to get going and see what I can hammer out I think I'm spooked however. What if I come up empty…?

No comments: