Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Tuesday Tango

I actually slept in a little bit this morning but you never know what the way I felt all day but tired out but I got a lot more sleep than I usually do. I don't know if that's because I worked out on the arm/ hand bike, supposedly make me much more tired than usual I don't know. Maybe it was because I knew that there's not going to be an assist meeting today so I'll have much more time than I usually do on a Tuesday. So with that in mind I thought I would head into Costco and pick up a few things I've been thinking about the last couple weeks one another package of tamales which were really good and a large bag of mixed salted lightly nuts. I'm about out of my regular nut Supply. I remembered when I looked over at the power chair I saw the blinking red light from the charger. I was hoping that whatever was causing the red light during the evening would have stopped in the charging would have continued but I don't think that happened. Last night when I tumbled into bed that's when I first realized that the charger was flashing red light. When I plugged in the charger right before I jumped into bed it looked like it was okay and charging as it usually does but I was in bed and it was charging red and so I'll let it go- - that was my mistake for this day. I sneaky suspicion but was not really positive that a red light might mean issues with the batteries or just poor charge in the batteries. I actually unplugged the charger then plugged it back in and then it turned to look like it was supposed to when it's charging so that's what I should have done last night got back up in my chair and unplug the charger and plugged it back in then I would have been assured at least some power this morning so as it were I wasn't sure how much power that I got which meant also that I would not really know if I had enough power to get to Costco or not hell I didn't even know if I had enough power to get to my market or not. The only thing I could think to do was to charge the chair and go from there. Since it was Thursday I knew that they would be staff at the repair shop at the back of the ucat building. I probably had enough power to go on the bus down to 5th South then down the street to the building and back but I didn't want to chance it not for a perfectly good day like today. So I elected to just spend time trying to charge this chair off and on during the morning. I did do some reading out in the sun after I charge for about an hour or a bit longer. I may try to head over to you cat on Thursday when be the next time that they will have the building open for possible repairs if not questions. The big problem right now is that I no longer have a backup Chair by disposal like I used to I usually do. My chair is over there at the ucat place and I doubt anything's been done with it. I don't know what to do because I don't have anything to transfer into if someone has to take this chair and test the batteries and whatever. I do suspect awful strongly that the batteries are the problem and that's why the charge goes down so quickly after three or four miles. So tonight my plan is to charge the chair overnight and have it show a green charge in the morning when I get up then run around tomorrow just to test the charge and then charge it again on Wednesday Thursday night and then if I have to go in to the shop then it's really enough to wear a personal out

No comments: