Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Caught in the middle Again

It’s Wednesday: dead center of my holiday week.  I am comfortably looking five more days of vacation.  I have done nothing the first two days of this week except read, cook and I did a little work for one of my buddy’s websites.  I have been slaving away at The Stand. Again, not a great piece of work but entertaining.  I m at the point a book when one you pick the book up to read you are lost and you  can stay lost for as long as you want or can.  This copy is considered the extended edition-has a couple hundred more pages then th edition which first hit the book stores a decade or so ago. So, even if I am munching a 100 pages a day I always have much more to read.  Plus with the gift card from one of my kids, Charles, I’ll have a new book shipped and waiting by the time I finish The Stand.  

But, like I said, it Wednesday, and if I am going to get any constructive done I had better start.  I want to get a few things for me now that I have purchased for others. Office Max has a sale going I want to check out-they have a gig storage drive for about 50.00. A gig of traveling space would be very handy—I sort of feel guilty thinking about loosing my trusty 100 meg Iomega Zip drive but maybe it’s time to step up to the new technology.  I also would like to look at  some items for the kitchen.  I could really use a stacking pyramid for pots and pans. Maybe just get out.  So  at this stage of the holiday I would liker to maybe catch a couple of movies, go out to eat at least one more time, watch Holiday Inn  and some of the other titles Dianne got me for Christmas.  I want to cook at least a meat loaf and the ham I was going to  do at Christmas but now maybe New Years Eve. I am also going to do some artwork and read.  We are celebrating my mother’s birthday on Saturday and that means a trip South but should be OK.

I’m feeling pretty good the sun is out and I have an agenda and knowledge that every day is a day  closer to  Spring . I believe this Spring will  be a glorious Spring

No comments: