Wednesday, December 14, 2005

IM BACK

The Consumers Hat


After a totally insomniac I am back at the office in station and taking calls. I feel much better even with the poor sleep I got last night. I have to admit however, that I drove my van all the way into to work—no train today. Now that I ponder this; what I have done the past couple of years that at about this time of the year I go back to driving my van just because the temps are so cold. I hate to be so weak but maybe this is something to do with being an old guy. One cannot be too careful.

No traumas waiting for me at the office on my return. Luckily I had “dialed” into my email account and already dealt with the most pressing issues. I even took off over my lunch break and went to a real restaurant and had meat loaf. The meatloaf was OK but not my meatloaf. But remember, this is holiday schedule now. I am off tomorrow and Friday. Actually tomorrow, I play Santa Cause at the Independent Living Center. I have done this for I cannot remember how many years now. I cannot seem to get out of the job. I keep getting call backs I should be pleased. I will see if I can get an image taken for posting.

My partner just called from the pharmacy letting me know that she was not coming back to work today. I really think she wanted me to tell the boss but I tried to patch my partner through so she could do the job. But something happened to the phone when I transferred the call and I saw the light blink out. I thought it was a pretty short conversation so I called the boss and asked her if she had just gotten a call. Sure enough the minute the doc picked up the phone her line went dead. So, I ended up advising the doc that my partner was not coming back from “lunch”. I should have just told the boss in the first place. Makes me wonder however, why my partner did not call back.

I am waiting for five o clock-p0actually, I am waiting for a consumer who called moments ago to let me know she had knitted a hat and wanted to give it to me tomorrow. She was crest fallen when I told her I was out of the office tomorrow and Friday. So, now she is in her power wheelchair heading down to this office, in the freezing cold to give me a knitted hat. God bless every one

No comments: