Saturday, December 03, 2005

I should be writing Christmas cards this afternoon as the snow falls outside my window. It's cold out there I was out doing the grocery and some other shopping earlier. But, I am done with my outside business now, shoes off and getting ready for an evening in, doing some TV, blog surfing and getting into the Christmas mood. The Christmas card sit in there boxes though untouched as I wait to be inspired. There are at least ten cards I must write: brothers and sisters. Then I should write card to various office mates. I don't count the cards I write to other private non profits round the city. I count these card as “outreach” and I can justify office-time for writing those even though these outreach cards are going to what friends I have in this town.

My family is scattered all over the United States so I should write the cards either today or tomorrow for sure. Writing and posting them now will make sure they will get the cards will before Christmas. I suppose I could just email them cards which are offered at various point on the INTERNET. The fam all have computers except for one but you know, an email Christmas card is just not the same. An email Christmas card is like trying to read a book on line. It's just not the same if you cannot feel the card in your hands and you cannot tape the card to the wall or cut them up after the holiday to be used for bookmarks. I always have leftover cards from the previous year too. Then I run the risk of sending the same card to a family that I sent last year. Like they would remember the card I sent from a year before. I think they just open the envelope, see a car and the inscription and make a mental note. Meadowlark rememberer, cool. So, at some point tonight or tomorrow I will have to get to my
big” system, crank it up and find the file I have the address listed in. Print them out and begin writing the card. Maybe, I'll put Holiday Inn in the VCR maybe even break out the rum, heat it up and write the night away.

Dianne picked up some Canadian bacon a couple weeks ago and I have been pondering making a pizza ever since. We have everything I would need for such a project—nothing is better then homemade pizza. The snow has stopped and the sun has actually come out. Maybe the snow is deone for the day. Not enough to really worry about. Maybe I'll write th card next week—who know..It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.


Ingredients

Scale ingredients to servings

1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp butter
1 jigger rum
4 cloves



Method

Place the sugar, butter, rum (light or dark) and cloves into a mug. Fill with boiling water, and stir.


Remember, please, please drink responsibly.

No comments: