Thursday, December 01, 2005

SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM


(image placeholder)SMOKE ‘EM IF YOU GOT ‘EM

The Transit Authority called today informing me they have completed the bridgeplate project. The bridge-plates have been manufactured and installed; the Authority finished the project of bridge plating the “dog cars” a couple of days ago and the and all Trax being used now are accessible to people with mobility issues again. Actually the only reason she called me was that she was returning my call I had placed earlier in the week when I noticed that the time of the project’s completion must be getting close. If I get lucky-or unlucky enough to have access to one of these cars I will try to click an image to post. Stay tuned.

I am having a hard time sitting still—I have tomorrow off. In fact I have am taking 11 days of Annual this December. I hardly ever take Annual which is part of a problem and the problem I am having currently. I have too much Annual accrued . The State I work for is currently implementing a new use of annual policy. Essentially the State will no longer “roll-over” earned annual from one year to the next. So, it’s either used or loose time. I am “spending down” enough annual hours that I should be ok this next year. I am taking off the last two days of the week before Christmas and then taking the days between Christmas and New Years. This is a “boatload” of time and kinda makes me uncomfortable being away from the office this much but I sure do not want to give away my hours. Am I being selfish? I will have over three hundred hours of Annual going into the new year and I will accrue four hours a pay period so it never stops-sorta like the brooms in the Soccer’s Apprentice the Annual just keeps on coming. I should not complain—I have earned the time, the time is not a gift. I just have difficulty using the time. Maybe I have deeper issues I am not fully aware like if I am gone too much then maybe I will not be here at all. Essentially, if I am always here it will be that much more difficult to get rid of me. OH well.

It's December ! Officially in my mind- Christmas Season. I have tons of shopping to do, cards to write people to see and just plain be festive. I do not need to go to the liquor store, since I still have all the booze I got last year, unless I have to get a few gifts. I have found out that if I really want to get into the Holiday spirit all I have to do is visit the State Liquor Store. I have found that folks who really have the “Christmas spirit” are at the “Glass House” buying booze by the crates. These folks are all smiles, spending real money of presents they know will be appreciated by the receiver. There is a warmth at the State dispensary that I do not feel anywhere else in this state during the yule-tide. You know I would consider a part-time job there just to be round that much mirth and holiday cheer. “God bless us. Everyone!”

No comments: