Monday, October 15, 2007

Autumn Leaves

I took a fast lunch today since there was a Staff meeting at 0ne o clock and Marrianne was waiting or a phone call. I needed to the bank and the post office. Today is one of those splendid pristine Fall days, cool but no need for a coat in the noon day sun, ma slight breeze and the leaves are turning and falling, just like the season. There is a row of trees in front of the parking lot to the post office the trees are in color and have decided that today is the day the will drop their foliage.

These trees were busy acting like they wanted to get the job done in one day. I used to think trees defoliated themselves over a long period of time but I once watched a catalpa one Fall morning drop all of it’s leave in less then an hour. I would never have believed that trees did this but they do. I wanted to get a movie of the leaves dropping—even more aggressively dropping when a wind would churn up and knock the leaves off in hand fulls but I had my camera pointed into the sun and really could not get a good enough image. I would try again tomorrow but I am afraid the leaves will all be spent by then.
The carpeters were in this morning and have ripped the carpet from my room and have laid the new carpet down and now I am waiting for Pedro and the painters to return and paint my walls, two coats in a day and a half and then who ever must return to re-hang my work surfaces and cabinets. I may be back in my officer by Thursday or Friday. My phone has been uncommonly quiet for a Monday which makes me think I am some ho not getting my calls since I am technically at a different extension. If I am fortunate I can see my phone display light up when I may have call coming in and get the call now, I snag what calls I can.

No comments: