Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Juice

Its 0828(in the morning)(obviously) and I am sitting at my desk top plugged into my charger hoping to squeeze enough juice in to my batteries to get up to the Salt Palace and UEA for another day and get back to charge a little more for my PT today. I just hate living this close to the edge. What I might also do is drag the charger up with me to the convention and charge while I sit at the information table, tacky as this might appear it would certainly allow to juice up to the maximum.
I checked on the charge twice last night before I went to bed to see the battery was charging. The green light was blinking and I assumed hat charging was occurring. But to my horror this morning when I went into the bedroom I saw the red and green lights of death. I pulled out the charging plug and sure enough I had but one green light on my power stack. In the best case scenario I would have a steady green light indicating that a full charge had indeed occurred. I have been kind of worried about today all week. Because even starting out in the morning with a full charge I know I Will need some charger time after I get to work to be sure to have the power I will need to train up to the university and through the hospital complex to physical therapy and more importantly have the juice for the long trip home: back through the hospital and then from the train station back home. In the past I have thought trying to figure out a way to strap my charger on to my wheelchair somehow and take the whole unit with me. This is what I did this morning when I took off. I had Marianne coil up the cords and we ended up sticking the charger under my foot and I drove over to the conference set up my booth and charged the entire time I sat at the table. I probably had enough power I just wanted to be sure.
I have been back from the conference for a little over an hour and I have been charging most of that time. I was hoping I could have charged for another hour be fore leaving leaving for the university.
I am home now. I made it and I would write more but my lap top is acting up so I am going to post what I have.

No comments: