Friday, October 05, 2007




I catch the train, most of the time, a half a block North of my office at the

Arena which used to be the Delta Center, home of the Utah Jazz, the States professional basket ball team. Like many white elephants an arena this size only pays for itself if the site can be used by other events, big events often through out the year. Last week was the circus, the week before that huge Mountain Dew motocross and skateboard event was hosted and this week some major international sales event/convention is taking place. This event looks to be attended by mostly Asians. I have seen a few Anglos, who looked to be significant others of an Asian attending the conference. I caught myself nodding to a couple of folks I happened to meet on the way up to the train station an they smiled and actually bowed to me and they bowed almost u unconsciously. Cool! So I tried the bow again on the next cluster of folks I met an many of them bowed again. Some seemed to return the bow without thinking and others were clearly surprised that I would show such courtesy and happily returned the nicety I think they felt they were off the “bow hook” until they returned home..

Note: my office is that square brick building in the upper right quadrant of the image.

No comments: