Monday, October 22, 2007

Three Guy on a Mat




I have been doing this PT thing for two months now. Dianne and I were talking last night and I should be getting to the end of my covered sessions. Friday I said good bye to Matt the graduate student, who has been doing my therapy for a lot of my PT sessions. I cannot imagine being worked by anyone else. Matt was /is a but naïve but I suspect will grow out of this as he gains his professional legs. I do not know how much hands on physical therapy stuff he will do as opposed research and education. So now I am back to Randy, too cool randy, Randy seems passive but highly effective. Randy reminds me of Cane from Kung Fu, a great TV series of last century. Randy is slight but powerful, quiet but when he does speak everyone seems to listen.

I am not sure but I think I am on thin ice with old ‘Cane’. I think I wear the lad out. I feel he thinks I am a cartoon and maybe I am to a certain extent, I know this. Randy works me hard though and I appreciate his efforts. Either way, I am a short timer now—a on time Randy indicate that if I needed further physical therapy he could write something up which would some how open another small flood gate at my insurance provider and I get some sort of extension for more sessions. Even with any extensions my time is short at Rehab but I will need to be moving on. Dianne and I are beginning to discuss what we can do to be sure the efforts made the past two months are not lost. The first thought I have is turning the grand kid room into some sort of ‘mat room’. We can take out the bed in the room and replace the bed with a raised platform with a mat where I can do my physical work outs and still have a place to stick company. I still wish to get some equipment which will assist me maintain or build muscle and then actively do it: work out on a daily bases. JUST DO IT!!

No comments: