Thursday, July 09, 2009

Somebody Save Me

It’s Broadcast Day I usually love Broad Cast Day. I am excited some one new is coming into the office; the regular flow of the office is disrupted and we get to mess with broadcast equipment, computers and camera and the INTERNET. The broadcast is a small deal which feels like a big deal and I am sort of in charge. We have done enough broadcasts now the process is becoming routine at least it has been. Today is different. Readers might remember a couple of months ago our office was invaded and my laptop was stolen luckily the office had a older lap top which we have been using the past couple of months. However, recently however, we have been able to replace the stolen lap top with a new HP, a lap top with a camera built into the actually computer which I have mixed feeling but it seems to work good enough in our tests.

We did the broadcast and the broadcast seemed to come off OK…seemed is the operative word here. It has been more then five hours since the broadcast concluded and the video has yet to post. Today’s broadcast show up on the archived broadcasts but when you click on the video to show it the screen remains blank. Of course the boss usually does not car too much but today’s broadcast was with the boss and she wants to see it and she wanted her friends to see the broadcast as well. Then some agency person emailed the announcement to everywhere in the State system and of course everyone is getting a black screen and ‘yours truly’ gets called into the office. So, I get on the horn to “control” to see if what they can do. My main contact is a guy named Mazy, who has helped me in the past. I was surprised to get him, direct on my first dial, not message machine or anything. Mazy was on his way to some meeting or something but did accept my email with a link to the troubled page. I am just hoping one of their techs can resolve the issue.

We did everything the same way we always did except we were using new equipment but the process seemed the same. Oh did I mention this is the first broadcast we have done with out my partner Tory, who left this office the last of May. I have to admit Tory I a bit of a tech head. She has a knack for things electronic. Tory always finished the broadcasts and got the video posted with out issue. I doubt just her gone has made that much difference but then maybe it has…we miss you Tory…are you happy now? We really, really miss you.







































`

No comments: