Monday, August 27, 2012


I have been kind of sickly all weekend, I think possibly due to some of the medications I've been taking, I've just not been able to get away from the toilet – – too far this weekend. Last night, and I felt like all might, I felt as if I might have to go at any minute so didn't get much sleep. Somewhere in the dark morning hours I made the decision I was not going into work today. I was, since home on a medical and try to enjoy the day. This of course meant I would have to call and notify somebody of my absence, work late today. I hate doing that, Monday slam and everything. And really to some degree I still feel a little unsettled and I want to get back to regular poops before going back to work if possible. True I could've taken a couple shots of Imodium buy that make decision I was staying home.

Now that I'm home, I must admit that I'm kind of bored and wished I gone in to work. Oh well, I've been prattling around in the computer room clean a little doing little art and little dictation and just trying to get through the day. So exciting we're a week before Labor Day, a vacation without having to feel guilty about how sick am I really reading. Now I know I probably won't do a single thing on the upcoming Labor Day but the mere fact that it is holiday is reason to rejoice and perform reasonably this week preceding the three-day weekend.

So Labor Day is sort of like the old official end of summer, not technical and but the and for all practical reasons. Vacations are over, tired of the heat, tired the summer reruns, school begins on all levels summer functions begin to wind up it is the end and the flies finally die the first cold snap. Labor Day is a fast holiday he really can't take more than one day for reasons mentioned so you can go far, too much the rest, and maybe this would Labor Day is all about taking a break from the hot summer and catching your breath before you leap into the Fall and all the things it seems great with autumn. I always sucker for the change, thinking I'm going to drink hot apple cider and eat donuts, the part of tailgate parties even though I hate football, cook apple pies from scratch and make delicious barbecue. I really believe I look forward to raking leaves going to the farmers market and canning fruit and vegetables to be eaten during the cold season. This of course is a myth really do any of those things, maybe one farmers market and that's enough to buy a couple squashes, enough to last through the winter and some green beans maybe and maybe the Each or two. I grab one watermelon, the Green River, and hope the ancient Asian lady is correct in her choice. I do feel exhilarated with the cool mornings and make the change for short shorts to long pants and sometimes even socks. I might spend long sun soaked autumn afternoons either in the driveway, or on the deck reading and enjoying the quiet. The Labor Day is the gateway holiday can get the Halloween Veterans Day Thanksgiving eve and Christmas without first honoring and enjoying Labor Day. So hopefully I'm back to work tomorrow, post good numbers and work on the teaching plan – – I may have to talk to Claire.

No comments: