Friday, October 03, 2014

What Do You Do?





Yesterday was a busy day, more busy than I anticipated even though I hardly did anything. Actually, yesterday was my final day of volunteering for the KU ER fall fund Drive. I was so glad to been able to make the last of my commitments. I'd gotten my chair back from the shop on Wednesday and it seemed to be repaired. Actually it's hard to say what was wrong with the chair something to do with the charge of the battery was so low that it would charge or would even turn on which is very weird to me but what's important now is that I'm back in the saddle and getting back and forth to her need to go. So I was a four shifts I have signed up for it was only able to make two and yesterday shift which was from 12 to 2 o'clock in the afternoon I only took two calls, which is pretty bad if you ask me but they are happy as clams that I came in that I volunteered. I am now sort of set up and looking forward to the spring fund drive and hopefully I'll be able to do more shifts and produce better for that project. In the meantime I am going to have to start functioning or figuring out how to get another power chair. It sounds like Alpine is making contact with my insurance and hopefully will be able to work something out. I would like to keep the chair that goes at least 8 miles an hour and possibly with more features as far as the elevator feature in the leg extension feature which I should've gotten on this chair was too dumb to figure it out we will just have to work this one out to the best of our ability. I knew chair I can rely on the go swiftly is comfortable and affordable.

I was a bit taken aback yesterday when I was on the platform waiting for university trained to come in there is a lady dressed in black, a black duster look like a cross between The Wild Bunch and Matrix. She was clearly agitated some form of schizophrenic state of breakdown. It was weird though good and align to be in some control. I was having some problems with my feet I had not tied my shoes are great tight and my right leg and spasmed out I was afraid it was going to lose the shoe but clearly I guess I appeared I was in some form of distress and the matrix lady was able to focus enough asked me if I needed a kind help but sort of surprised me. I assured her I was basically okay that be all right then she went right back into her land of distress and isolation. She was arguing and crying intermittently. She clearly had been in and out of the legal system in jail. She was having some kind of a conversation or argument with the jailer our law enforcement person some sort that would degrade to bursts of anguish and tears about lost children lost jobs lost loves. It was sad and frightening. I figured I was safe I think most people were safe on the train is used to know what to do with. Most elected to give her white birth and leave her alone to her agony but she clearly was gone somewhere. She got off the train at the courthouse station and I wonder if she was playing the further her trip downtown may be going down to Pioneer Park or even out to the Hub to head to points north. What do you do? She had this weird way of staring right at you so you think that she's talking to you directly and I don't think she seeing you at all as much as she is seeing what inside her head having a conversation there.


There was a collective sigh of relief as she opened the door to wrestled her bike and herself,, selves, off the train. She was definitely headed somewhere. I hope she made it.

No comments: