Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Only October


It happened once again during the night the month silently changed and now it's October in all its
October glory. I am not ready for October, I really thought I had one more day this month, seriously-31 days but no just 30 days and I'm at the beginning of a new month.

It's a new month and I'm filled with hope especially hope in October, the first full month a lot of when the temperature will get really crisp the leaves will turn a drop in the killer frosts will ensue making summer for sure thing of the past and all things related with that summer particularly vegetables and other items going in my patio garden. I made the call today, they said they would get to my power chair until today Wednesday, so I gave them all morning and called just before noon to get the news. I think it's good news, kind of good news the chair should run and it should charge though I don't really understand why did not charge in the first place. Mario said something about it was only at 50 V and that 50 V it is not enough for the charger to sense that the charger needs to charge the batteries…? What is this mean trying to follow his explanation in the kind of makes sense in a hopeful sort a way. So I don't know why the voltage of the battery got so low it may be the charger I just don't know but we will see now. I will no longer use the old charger and rely primarily on the “new” charger that came with the chair and hopefully that will make the difference allowing me to charge the battery as it should. Somehow though in the back of my mind I don't think that's going to do the trick I think there's still something else wrong with the chair. Mario did say one of the motors on th chair is going out which could be costly. I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath that the two motors I purchased a couple years ago, used will be a fit for the motors that seem to be going out now. I was very sure at the time that these motors would work now I just don't know. And actually Mario is going to check with the company/insurance to see if there's any way my insurance might cover part of the cost of a new motor or two. If they weren't that would be a riot however is a set of cross my fingers holding my breath that these other motors will work. And hopefully I don't think that sure is going to fail soon only if it does I will go to this backup plan. Until then, I hope to use my chair as I have been I just need to remember not to run the chair totally flat out not to burn the motor up.


I put away my summer close today Dianne's help, all the short sleeve shirts and all the shorts were put in Big Blue bags that the fall and winter clothes were stored in. We also put some clean on the room which is very much appreciated… Since we had the extra room with the big power chair being gone right now. So I'm officially ready for October and the rest of the winter that's pretty exciting. So whatever happens with the power chair good bad or in different I am ready  

No comments: