Saturday, March 07, 2015

Marching Orders

One would think reading my blog that everything in my world revolves around me! Right now, it sort of does. Seems like I've been focusing on my healthcare providers this week and I'm still focused on them because if I don't start rehabbing, and I mean really rehabbing soon I do not know how long I can afford to keep these assistant care folks coming in and helping me. I mean it's really wild half an hour in the morning or rather an hour in the morning and our and evening at 25 bucks an hour is 50 bucks a day! And that's every day even weekends so my math works out to about $1500 a month. I mean I have a little money set aside but nothing that can sustain that kind of support for any length of time.

Yesterday my home rehab therapist aide came for the last time. Actually, he was supposed to I was supposed to see him on Wednesday but that's when Dianne and I went and were seen by the: direct all colorectal surgeonwho we had check out my butt hole to make sure I was okay. Some disturbing issues had arisen over the weekend causing for some very strange looking protrusions from my anal area and we had a get it checked out to make sure it wasn't a full-blown prolapse… Which it was not praise the Lord but still something we have to watch carefully and be careful how I'm treated. I kind I have a hunch that what seems to be the prolapse hemorrhoids is exacerbated by my time in the sling that we use to toilet and shower me in the evening and morning. Dianne has been so supportive during this whole process assuring me how help the I seem to be in the midst of a complete body breakdown. And she's been right with just a few twixt here and thereI seem to be doing okay. I mean even bouncing back to a certain degree. Little concerned about the now spasticity I seem to be getting back so I may have to revisit the whole idea of the baclofen pump one more time. The good Doc, Dr. mayhem wishes to wait a number of months before we examine this question to see how much return I get in I totally agree with the Doc. I have gotten so much better and then with added physical therapy I think I will do even better but if I have to do something to alleviate the spasticity then I will have to do something like the baclofen pump really that didn't look like such a big deal. Just a thought can stuck under your skin surgery relatively minor and I'm getting better at dealing with this kind of stuff don't ask me why go figure..


So, to continue to work on my left side to see if I can rebuild it also the whole body in general just to see if I can manage it better particularly to the point of being able to get up get out of bed and into bed on my own and get rid of this silly tender care stuff.

No comments: