Saturday, March 28, 2015

Hard Times



My recovery continues it seems positive increments are infinitesimal what needs to be done under the duration of time is allowed for professional intervention. I was told last week that my 12 weeks of outpatient physical therapy has just about concluded I was amazed at first thought the outpatient Hartman had made a mistake and sure enough for three visits a week 12 units at a very quick. My therapist is going to try to find some foundation or something which assists low-income folks needed therapy. I do not hold much hope that she will be successful but even if she can find a few Sessions, these would be better than nothing. I believe I am making strides but as I already indicated these are small Gains and leaves the big picture wanting. This last week we are I did better transferring from chair mat and back again this is really difficult but I am doing it. I almost think with the electric bed might be able to transfer into bed and out. I do this I might be able to at least one visit from the home health aide today. Trouble is shall I fall I am in big trouble. Because it seems I am pretty much on my own.

These are scary times for me as I ponder been this disabled and living on my own. I am thankful for the progress I have made an seem to be making for physical therapy or rehabilitation. I still don't know how you do it alone however I know there are a lot of folks out there in worse straits then I Who seem to be making it okay. I must admit I have been spoiled find it hard doing things entirely on my own. But if this is what the fates bring that I must accept, shoulder the load and carry on. I wish there was another way, but at this point I don't see another way out. My poor wife is over Burdened and needs out to save herself. As I said I have so grown to depend on her thoroughness and ways she looks after me and she can. I truly feel my life will be significantly shortened When she leaves.

I think the gains I've made this last week at PT. I already to start transferring to bed and maybe in the morning by myself. I may have to really look into using my manual chair because it's tthe only wayTo make these transfers independently. It shall be risky but I think these are the next steps which must be taken.



No comments: