Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring


Today is the first day of spring or rather Spring starts today I'm so pleased to meet through another season especially a winter. Even though this winter did not have the snow and other moisture issues I deal with a difficult season it was a very difficult season for me. I had the issue with the stenosis then the surgery and now the rehabilitation. Perhaps the most stressing issue I've encountered has been my loss of independence. I've lost my ability to get up in the morning and go to bed independently which includes taking a bath and taking a dump. Dressing and even pushing a manual wheelchairs seemed beyond the question right now. Because I cannot transfer independently once I'm in a wheelchair for the day that's where I'm staying unless I can figure out a way to jump to another chair. I would love to be able to do this is not happening right now.

The upside is the rehabilitation seems to be having a positive impact  downside is the cost of living with this Disability is crucifying us. It is so trite to say money our finances wrecked their wedding are their marriage but I can see how that is possible. Even now we have to make a conscious focused effort to say that we will continue on as a couple while struggling under the burden of my disability and what I need to survive. Need to make some sort of money or increase my contribution into the pot.


But spring like Monday mornings brings new hope to me. I hope I can make it through this season and into my joyous season of summer. Now I just keep my body together enough that could happen. I mean to enjoy summer hot temperatures is little closer possible. I really do believe my nude sunbathing helps mellow way around. However, not being able to undress myself may put a dent in some of that behavior. But we'll see – – I've noted with some dismay how little time I have myself nude anymore. Since I no longer bathed myself and since I have two have some undress me and undress me I have very little time for just me and myself and I find I miss that odd as it is. Yet, another goal to strive for in my quest for reacquisition of independence.

No comments: