Friday, October 02, 2015

As Good As It Gets



Clouds rolled in during the night and about 2:15 in the morning, this morning I was awakened to thunder and rain coming through the window. The temperature had dropped significantly and my whole world felt like Fall had finally reached my room. I was not aware, although I felt a few drops on my face during the night, that rain in a significant amount was coming into the room. My bed is right under the open window and one of my blankets got fairly wet To the point that my brother was concerned when he came in the morning to be dressed up in my chair. Thank goodness I was not aware of the event. I was quite comfortable upon his arrival. There's nothing I hate more than having wet blankets and having to call with the wetness through the night.

Today is a wet day feeling like the fall that it is and I like that even though it will limit my ability to be out and about but as I mentioned in earlier Blogs my ability to be out and about is quite limited due to my broken Wheelchair having to use my two large backup chair.I am unable to sit upright in my chair there by putting too much weight on my right hip risking skin breakdown and just plain discomfort. The cushion I am forced use does not have the protection I need. Dianne has come up with a great idea of taking some of the pouches in some of my other Cushion and put the pouches in the cushion I use. This is a great idea. Hopefully, sometime during the weekend we can achieve this. Hopefully, my broken chair will be repaired and I will be back in the saddle with the chair and use and be comfortable using. I need to be careful because I can see staying home all the time could get quite comfortable. I really need to be out in the community doing what I do which may not be a lot but I need to be out there. My need to be in the community seeing what is happening having the community see me seems very selfish but it is who I am and I seem to have any be out and I can only do that in a usable power chair .

Dianne brought home a dozen meatballs yesterday shopping excursion after Ani's volleyball game. We need to use them fairly quickly And nothing like a fall day to make me feel like cooking so I went to work chopping onions and garlic's opening cans of tomatoes, mushrooms And green peppers, throwing them all of the Stove to simmer and mix their wonderful flavors To produce a wonderful sauce for to night's spaghetti.I only wish I could've produced some sort of garlic bread that or garlic toast that would make a perfect dinner.

I've been busy today cooking, writing and doing some physical stuff. I even made a list of things I like to have accomplished today I don't think I'm going to get it all done but the list has kept me on taskAnd kept me away from watching recorded movies on my flatscreen. Sometimes as good as it gets.


No comments: