Thursday, October 22, 2015

December 10, 2015



I got the word yesterday. I spoke with one of the people from my neurosurgeon's office. My MRI has finally been read. My medical professionals have this great program where they list all of your medical stuff on the Internet and you can go access that information as soon as it's published. Dianne found my MRI results and Printed them out for me. However, I was not able to make heads or tails out of the document except for getting a bit of a sinking feeling that all is not as well as I felt or looked. I figured I would have to call Dr. Daly's to find out more information and see what my next step will be. So I was a bit relieved but shocked yesterday when I got the call From daily's office. I don't remember much the call at least the specifics the feeling I got was the dark Dismal. All I remember was the woman on the other end of the line saying “Dr. Daily feels we need to get that stenosis out. We can schedule you for December 10 or anytime after the first of the year.” After that nothing else was just a buzz In my earpiece. My knee-jerk reaction was by all means January or as long outdoes I can make it. I did the cowardly thing by deferring my decision of the surgical date until I had time to speak with Dianne.

It's kind of funny about how putting a date or time Event suddenly makes the event real or concrete. The changes from something “out there” to actually something definitely concrete and going to happen. When Dianne got home I informed her and she looked at me like what you just take the date December uncolored good? I just want to make sure the date was all right and would not conflict with anything else we were doing so close to the holiday season – – like we do anything for the holiday season. I was just doing my last bit of denial.


So I called yesterday – – Wednesday – – let them know that December 10, would be fine just fine. It's funny how do them/staff of the doctor or hospital is just another date on the calendar. I could visualize Susan Scribbling my name down On the calendar or type my name in the computer calendar, popping her gum and going for next task, Not knowing or possibly even carrying about what that date means the person on the other end of the phone. But that's okay – – more I thought about doing the operation sooner than later probably works out for the best. Even though I lose Christmas and New Year's I would've lost those holidays anyway fretting about an upcoming operation. Now for better or worse surgery will be done by the time the holidays roll around and hopefully – – I'm still around – – I will be recouping heading towards a better life of less tone and doing rehab get myself ready for the summer of my 65th year. It's going to be a very good year

No comments: