Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Waiting By The Phone



The autumn days just keep coming One perfect day after another. The mornings are cool but quickly burn off to beautiful afternoons. Saturday was such a day Saturday my date for my MRI. See what the weird time 1 o'clock in the afternoon for my MRI. Usually I have these Procedures in the early morning. But since I kind of demanded that I get the next earliest appointment I got stuck with 1 o'clock on Saturday afternoon. That's okay I doubt that of been doing anything significant anyway.

We got To radiology right on timeAnd I was kind of surprised at how busy everything seemed to be. I kind of expected tumbleweeds for Saturday afternoon radiology clinic. Dianne had taken great effort to make sure that I was wearing clothing without any mental saw we not have to strip down and do the night thing. Of course they had no lift speak of so they had to get muscle to load me on to the donut. I once again selected Billy Joel for my music after complaining that the last time all I got was to Billy Joel songs and then selections of near like Billy Joel songs. This is because they use a music provider like Siri or something but forgot about his way to load up a bunch of Billy Joel's from the Internet.

They laid me out on the machine and I sort of think my spasms are getting worse – – maybe more about that later – – however I was able to lay pretty still for the duration of the scan spasming only two or three times and even then not very noticeable. The selections of music worked really well and 45 minutes seem to fly by which was a blessing. There is something awful snarky about doing an MRI on a Saturday afternoon. Anyway the tech said I did good and got very good images what that means I can only imagine but we'll see now.

So now it's Wednesday almost half a week since my scan and no word from the Neurosurgeon. So, taking matters into my own hands and make a call this afternoon I got home from Wellness. Of course I was immediately stuck into (hold time) But eventually someone answered the phone And after giving that person more information informed me that of course he could tell me nothing about be sure to relay this information forward to the surgeon or clerk of the surgeons business someone would get back to me hopefully by the end of the day. I'm sure I hope they will not tell me anything and that the best I'm going to get is a date to meet with the Doc again When we will really get down to business of whether or not I will need another operation. As I indicated earlier I sense and other people have told me that I am getting stiffer this of course means spasticity is increasing. Nothing like I had before and still not a good sign and I am sure something that Doc will want to hear about. I just wish things would go back to being normal or maybe this is the new normal.
.




No comments: